Friday, July 6, 2007

Well girls, you're not going to believe this one...I just got back from the ER. Somehow this afternoon I knocked Sean's huge cordless drill off the dryer with a laundry basket. It fell 3 feet and the phillips head drill bit went right into the top of my foot. It also smashed across the top. We waited about an hour and then decided it should get looked at, plus I needed a tetnus shot. So they did x-rays, not broken just badly buised, irrigated the puncture and since it was too "dirty" to stitch they put glue and three steri-strips across it. I am on an antibiotic and some pain killers which my mom should be dropping off in about a half hour. Boy oh boy does it hurt!!! and Boy oh boy do I feel like a dork!

Have a wonderful evening. I plan on popping 2 pills and taking a nap!!! Hopefully it knocks out the pain!! ugh.

10 comments:

Jamie said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Girl, did someone make a voodoo doll of you???? I am so sory you got hurt again. And that on top of the poison ivy. We really need to intesify our prayers! Jeesh, you need a big long vacation, somewhere that doesn't have anything that can hurt you!!!

Crystal said...

Amanda, you are killin me girl! I hate hearing all this bad stuff that keeps happening to you and I can't do a thing about it! ugh! It's frustrating! I think you are such a wonderful person and you do not deserve all of these negative things. I just wish I could help you. I keep praying for you! I still think you need to have your house blessed! Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Amanda said...

Crys- Sean and I discussed having our house blessed at the hospital-and van!
We are also considering the idea that maybe we are built over an Indian burialground like in Poltergeist...

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh my goodness. What is there to say?? I mean...what else? Gosh. I am speechless.

Lura said...

You're right, I don't believe it. And yes, you should have just gone to the park with us!

Crystal said...

I hope you are doing okay, I'm thinking about you!

Carrie said...

OH MY! That sounds awful! I can see the entire thing play in my head. I hope your foot feels better! I've got some percocet left over from having Olivia, maybe I should send it your way!

I hope your lluck changes soon!

Char said...

OUCH!!! You need to live in a bubble!!

Crystal said...

I know you are home now Missy! Please post for me! :)

Cheryl said...

You must be joking? It is just not possible, no one can have that much go wrong in so little time. I have said it before and now I know I am right you need to live in a bubble. You poor thing. I will continue to pray let me know if there is anything else I can do. I hope you feel better soon.