Saturday, July 28, 2007

Today was a quiet Saturday. We hit a few garage sales this morning and went to a local farms produce stand where we got delicious sweet corn and red potatoes. I used them for dinner tonight with really, really good chicken that I made. Sean did more work in the upstairs bathroom. I can't wait until it is done! I should be able to paint this week. The floor is done, the baseboard is up and the sink should go in next week.
Gabe went to an Akron Aeros ball game tonight with my sis's family and some people from church. It is a yearly outing and he has gone every year since he was three. My dad and mom started taking him so it is special for Gabe. Apparantly while there he lost another tooth! He called to tell us and we decided that he should bring it home and we would leave it for the tooth fairy tomorrow night. He was so ecited!
We dropped off some clothes for great nieces and nephews at my sister in laws tonight and I got to see my niece Beth. She is the short haired, pierced girl in the photos. She is getting married in a few weeks and then leaves for Basic training on August 27th. Yes, that will be 3 of my nieces and nephews that have entered the military this summer. She is leaving behind a one year old daughter and new husband. I pray for her safety and for her new family. She is a beautiful girl and incredibly strong - inside and out - so I know she will do well. The only thing is her tendancy to get a bit mouthy. I think they will cure her of that real quick!
Oh, How could I forget!!! I think that when Lura got rid of Godiva, she sent her to my house. I was cross stitching on the couch last night, thankfully with a sheet on my lap. I saw movement out of the corner of my eye and when I checked it out it was a big spider! I shreiked for Sean and when he smooshed it all these little black dots started racking around. I assume those would be babies being carried on it's back. EWWWWWWW! I had trouble getting relaxed after that. But No panic attacks!!!!
I want to thank you all for your kind words. I have a horrible self-image, but I am aware of it and getting help for that. I also recognize that I am a doormat and I don't speak my mind. Again, I am getting help for it. You guys are fabulous women and I am honored to call you my friends. I love you guys dearly and Thank the Lord for each and every one of you.
Good Night.

7 comments:

Char said...

Awesome on the bathroom! Yeah!
Another tooth gone! Wow, how much does your tooth fairy leave? This one little girl in our neighborhood gets $10.00!!! Our tooth fairy leaves a quarter, sometimes 2! I think she left $1.00 one time for a particularily difficult tooth. ;)
Oh my gosh! I hope all 3 of your relatives return safely!!!
EWW on the spider. I got the heebie jeebies while reading that. EW!
Have a great Sunday!

Lura said...

Who is going to keep the baby?

Cheryl said...

Oh my, I would have freaked out if I saw a bunch of baby spiders.

I can't imagine leaving a baby behind, she must be strong! I hope all goes well for her.

Yeah on the tooth. Ryan has 2 loose ones that are making him look like he has billy bob teeth in, I hope they fall out soon, it's driving me crazy!!

I hope your bathroom gets done soon. You'll have to draw us a picture!!

Unknown said...

At one of my other friends' houses the tooth fairy leaves nothing if the tooth has any sort of cavity, filled or not. I think that is a very smart idea...especially since her kids really have some pretty bad teeth.

Carrie said...

You need to take some pictures of the finished bathroom so we can see it!

I would have ran outside if I saw a bunch of baby spiders, oh how gross!

I know EXACTLY how you feel about not giving your opinion in something especially if you really want to so you won't hurt anyone's feelings, I am the same way. Atleast your getting help, I just live with it and I hate that about myself.

SamandSawyersMom said...

me too. I really must start speaking ,my mind.

I think about you all the time and your inability to see what we see on even just the outside. The outside is very pretty and very attractive and that amazes me that you do not see that. I would be naked showing everyone if i looked like you. Your inner beauty is gorgeous too.

Crystal said...

Sounds like a relaxing day except for the spider! ha ha I missed you this weekend!!