Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Kids for sale....dirt cheap!

Today was one of those days when I would have given my kids away to anyone who came over. Gabe was well behaved and was rewarded by being allowed to go to Valley Beach early with Amy. The triplets should have been taped to the corners and had to spend their day in Time out. I found Johnny and Caitlin in the bathroom filling the OJ pitcher with water and spilling it everywhere. Caitlin somehow banged her head on the door and needed ice. I gave her a frozen popsicle in a plastic sleeve which she tore open and got all over. Then I gave her a bag of ice cubes, but there was chocolate on the bag from who knows what and she had a tantrum because of that. (Vic can agree as she was on the phone). So I gave her the other bag which was quite large. Later my feet found the puddles of melted ice cubes in the living room, front room and dining room. They sat down and turned on Jacks big music show, so I decided to bake my bread. I measured out the honey and set it at the back of the counter and when my back was turned Luke put his hand in it and then dripped honey all over the fridge door, dishwasher door, countertop, floor and himself. While I was getting him cleaned up Caitlin came out and stepped in it. I got to the kneading part when I heard the washing machine start. Luke had turned it on and all that was visible of Jonathan were his legs hanging out the top of it. I yanked him out and Luke climbed up..........and so on. I finally got them out and settled and went to clean up honey when the dryer started. Luke and Jonathan were back out there. I turned off the dryer and put them back in the corners. I went back to cleaning and out walks Luke with an empty pop tart box filled with water running out the seams and all over the bathroom, laundry room and kitchen floors. I got that all cleaned up and finally Sean got home.
He saw I was frazzled so he got the kids in their swimsuits and got his on and they left for VB. I should have gone. I went out to switch laundry and it was still damp, so I restarted the dryer. I was cleaning in the living room when I heard this bang and the dryer stopped. After I had calmed myself down and did some rational reasoning that it was not an intruder, (broad daylight people. I need help!) I went out to check. When I opened the door I found that there was no lint trap. I fished around in the clothes and found it mixed in the towels. Later Jonathan told me Luke did it and Luke told me Jonathan. So I decided not to touch the dryer again until Sean told me it was safe. My oven timer beeped so I got out butter to melt in the microwave to brush on the top of the bread. I put it in the microwave and nothing happened. Then numbers started flashing and it made a weird sound. So, I made do and decided to wait until Sean got home for that too. Yay. The bread turned out beautifully, completely from scratch. The dryer has a busted belt and the microwave is completely shot. It is only 2 years old. Luke nuked a knife for about 4 seconds last night, but that shouldn't have done it.
Now Lura can be happy...I have been calling her so she can listen to my dryer as hers is busted. Now that will be up to somebody else. Sean can fix the dryer, but not the microwave. I have no clue what lesson we are to learn from this. Maybe we rely too much on modern day conviniences. I don't know.
I am going to remain positive. I can line dry and use my stove, unless that breaks next! I think we have a poltergeist that follows us. Did I mention that last week (I think it was) I was standing in my mom's kitchen talking to her and the leg broke completely off her coat rack and it fell over. It didn't fall off, the wood split! I was near it, but not touching it!!!! People aren't going to let me come over anymore!
Have a good night!

6 comments:

Lura said...

Ok, I have several questions, but I will talk to you on the phone!

Char said...

OH my gosh you poor baby!!! Geeze!
I'm so sorry all this is happening. :(
I did bust out laughing at the kid in the washer part. Sorry!
I'm sorry you had the day you had. Good think Sean took the kids away for you. That was nice of him.

Char said...

Oh and I'm not going to call Lura or you and tease you about my dryer working. I don't want to jinx it and make mine quit!

Unknown said...

And most of this happened when she was trying to console me with my puking kid today...who is fine after he ate half a box of teddy Grahms, so much for the BRATY diet!

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness gracious! What a horrible day!
I have to admit, I got a little chuckle when you said you saw Jonathan's legs hanging out the washer. I know it wasn't fun for you, but it sounded funny while reading it!
I hope today is a better day. Yesterday sounded awful.

Cheryl said...

OH GIRL!! You poor thing. You can come over to my house anytime. I feel for you girl, but I did laugh about the kids in the washer. Oh my, how do you do it?