Saturday, July 7, 2007

I can't type a title in. I don't know why it won't let me. Oh well, I didn't have a good one anyways!
We had a good day today. Everybody left around 7:30 from the picnic at our house. Almost everyone came that we expected and I managed to fanagle (sp) two dinner invites out of people. I am oh so subtle. There was only minor drama when my sister in law Chrissy said to my other sis in law Michele "So I hear you may be still mad at me" in front of everybody. Totally inappropriate and uneccessary. These are the two that got into a minor physical altercation at Gabe's baby shower. Anyways a "heated" discussion ensued until Sean informed them that it would not happen at our house and they would be asked to leave if they didn't knock it off. Go Sean!!! I didn't want to witness any fighting so I went to the front porch with Rhonda and her husband Jeff while the kids played inside. It calmed down quickly, thanks to Sean, and I decided that next time I am handing out flashcards and you are only allowed to say what is written on them. That way I can control the mood and the conversation and keep it pleasant! I was told in therapy that I can't change how peopole act. I don't think that she thought about the flashcards! Wait till my next session! It wasn't bad, and despite the drama I think everyone had a good time. My nephew, his girlfriend and my neice showed up, I lost count of the number of piercings on them! They are good kids - just look a bit strange!
Tomorrow we have another reunion, after today's picnic and a birthday party last night. We are just party animals.
Gabe was supposed to go to the drive in with Michele and her family tonight but changed his mind at the last minute. He gets nervous about going to other people's houses for the night, even family.
I am going to go and try to relax. Maybe I'll have a more interesting day tomorrow to post about!

By the way, did you all notice I did not get injured today? I think it's a record!!!
Goodnight Everyone.

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Whoa! I swear every fam has some sort of drama in it! No one is immune! ha ha YOU GO SEAN!!! GOOD FOR YOU TO STAND UP! I'm glad despite that incident that the day went well and you had fun. And I am sooooo happy that I didn't hear of any injuries.......WOO HOO! I'M EXCITED! I was so worried! ha

I hope your reunion tomorrow goes well. Girl, you guys are party animals........I must have no life! SM

Lura said...

The day isn't over yet. I know, I'm such a supportive friend. And if you get hurt before midnight, it's not my fault!

Crystal said...

Lura, you meanie butt! ha

Amanda said...

I just broke my fingers trying to type a response....Thanks Lura!!

Carrie said...

Sounds like you had a nice time despite the few "words" but sounds like it worked out all ok....

I can't post a title either, I don't know what is wrong with stinking blogger.

Have a good time at your reunion, hopefully no fights will break out :)

Crystal said...

I hate to boast but you love me most so post post post! ha ha

That was pretty good, huh?!

Cheryl said...

I don't think you should hope for a more interesting day anymore. Maybe that is the problem.
I am glad your hubby stood up to the girls and put a stop to their bickering. They shouldn't ruin your party.

Hope all is well and continues to be!

Cheryl said...

I just read the other comments. You and Lura crack me up. And that was a good one Crys. I think I get too behind and then post my comments and no one ever sees them. I am a very busy woman.

SamandSawyersMom said...

oh amanda you are a trip. i am glad that your husband stood up...is this his family???