Monday, June 25, 2007

Why are my kids morbid?

So this morning I took the kids to run errands. We are having a nice time talking, singing and laughing until Jonathan says out of the blue "Can lightening kill you?" I answered honestly and made sure they knew they were safe indoors as long as they followed safety rules. Well, this just encouraged a 10 minute (no exagerations) conversation on all the things they could think of that could kill people. Luke, my future minister, talked about how "In God's world we can get hit with lightening and be killed, but God told us how to stay safe." The others agreed and the topic ended...until we got to Grandma's and had to tell her about what can kill you. Yay.

I am going to my mom's twice a day to help her give Ed, her cat, his medicine. He has herpes in his eyes. Hee hee, I am so mature. The doctor said it is common in cats and he has three types of medication - drops in his ears, cream in his eyes, and a caulk type substance we shoot in his mouth. I told Sean he should call his doctor and tell him he thinks he got herpes from his mother in law's cat! I just reread that and it was a lot funnier when Sean and I were tired and laughing like loons. Ed (who's name is Edison) was named after Edison High School whose colors are Orange and Blue because Ed has one orange eye and one blue one. There will be a quiz at the end, so I hope you all remember that.

Yesterday was our asst. minister's last day at church. It was a tear filled, but wonderful service. Afterwards there was a brunch, which my mom and Phyllis (my mom and dad have been friends with them for 32+ years) put on. It was wonderful. We are really going to miss Pastor Edna and her family. She had twin boys a year older than the trio, so we got her hand-me-downs and she had a son a year older than Gabe. She also had two girls that Amy taught. They were at our church for 8 years. I am not thrilled with what I have heard of her replacement, but trying to be positive and give him a chance.

Gabe lost a tooth last night. The tooth fairy left him a Gold Dollar. He was very excited and woke us up at 4 a.m. to tell us. The library just called, I thought it would be about the DVD I still have from last fall and am too embarrassed to return, but they were calling to tell us that Gabe won a dessert from McDonalds in the drawing. Again he is excited!

I am hoping to have a garage sale this Friday. Lura - let me know if you want to. We need to sell Gabe's bike that he doesn't like, and get him a new one. He has picked out a fire engine red Schwinn Mongoose. Hopefully he'll be able to get it on Saturday. Sean and I have decided we are getting the triplets bikes for their birthday in August. They love riding their trikes but are starting to outgrow them.

Wednesday I should be getting my cast off. I am looking forward to it more than you know. As for the questions regarding the Nanny - I am still working on the application. I got stuck, put it aside and then forgot about it. I have to return my therapists phone call...maybe she wants to see me for free! :) I received a grow your own therapist from Lura on my birthday. It's like the cat I gave Crystal. Well I grew him and all he does is sit there. He doesn't talk, Lura. Maybe you should get your money back. AND he doesn't give stickers!
I am only joking people. I didn't really expect him to talk to me. yeah, that's right.
Well now that you've had your fill of my exciting life, go and have a super day!

*Bonus Question*
Why is my mom's cat named Ed?

14 comments:

Char said...

Ed (who's name is Edison) was named after Edison High School whose colors are Orange and Blue because Ed has one orange eye and one blue one.

Crystal said...

LOL His real name is Edison after Edison High school whose colors are orange and blue.....he has one orange eye and one blue! Do I get a sticker??

Crystal said...

Wow, me and Char commented at the exact same time! ha ha

Unknown said...

I will say that your mom at least names her cat something good! Mine is Edgar for Degas and Poe...in case anyone wants to know. She could have named him something dumb like Streak or Bolt or something. My parents have Hasney, Bok Choy and Juliette...this is what happens when my dad (brilliant as he is) gets to name cats (I named Juliette though)He wanted to name her Boom Chi.....

Jamie said...

I think kids are all fascinated with morbid things. Now that our daughter knows what blood is, everytime she sees something red she says it looks like blood, even if it' s her pink lemonade at a dinner with all our family. I'm sure they were wondering about me!!

The cat's name Ed (Edison) was named after...yadda, yadda, yadda, one orange eye and one blue eye!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

Really? cause i got a whole other thing from that post.

Ed, as she calls him is actually a hyena who was shocked by a woman whose electrical cord was hanging out of her window when the hyena walked by turning him into a cat. Now, she oringally named him shocker but the cat/hyena was offended so she had to find another name.

She thought about it in the bathroom as she ...well pooped and when she stood up, she saw that one of her stools looks like a lion. A lion? Yes, a lion. She thought it wouldn't be right to call a cat/hyena...lion but how could you tie in such an inspiration? so...she thought. Then it came to her. She would name him Ed because Ed is a hynea from the movie "The Lion King".

THAT IS HOW ED GOT HIS NAME

Cheryl said...

Edison was named for Edison High School because their colors match his eye. Orange and blue.

Cheryl said...

My cats name is Thomas which is short for...Abraham Delacey Geo Sepie Casey Thomas O'Malley Sweet Weidenweber.

Carrie said...

OOOHHH too creepy, you and Char commented at the same time and with the same comment!

It is really funny that your mom's cat has herpes in his eye...how did he get it?? Or should I even ask that?!

kellerie said...

cat - ed, short for edison, yeah, yeah, yeah.

i would love to have a garage sale with you, but i can't be ready by friday!!

as for silly pet names, our GIRL cat is named Gilbert, because Tanis said so. One dog is Kuky, which is short for Kukendahl, which is the road we lived near at the time. our other dog Scamp, brian chose out the blue when she was about 6 months old. up until then, we playfully called her "little sh*t" but decided we couldn't really yell that out the door!

kellerie said...

oooh, Carrie and I commented at the same time! hi carrie, nice to meet you!

Lura said...

All these people posting comments at the same time is freaking me out! I bet you have a better chance of being hit by lightning than posting at the same time! I think I can garage sale Friday. What are we doing w/ the kids?

SamandSawyersMom said...

creepy?..you are all weird

kellerie said...

well, yes, I am actually. . . I thought that would be evident by now!