Sunday, June 17, 2007

How Do I Get Black Crayon off clothes and my dryer?



I could cry!!! I washed all of my garage sale purchases last night and when I went to take them out of the dryer there was melted black crayon everywhere. I was so sad! I don't know if it was in a pocket of pants I bought ir if one of he kids tossed something into the wash. Does anyone know how to remove it from clothing? Knit clothing?


The pictures are of our morning at the Reservoir. We really had a good time. I may take all 6 there tomorrow to play - if they don't fight! Gabe starts the first program for the library summer reading program tomorrow. He is excited! Tuesday he starts swimming lessons. He is level 3 this year. Saturday he jumped off the low dive over and over. He is getting so much more comfortable in the water. Hopefully Jonathan will. He will go to about waist deep and then panics.


Today was Father's Day and it was nice. We got ready for church in record time, 40 minutes and that included bathing and shampooing the trio! Since there was extra time we stopped at the cemetary. I think we only stayed about 45 seconds and I got too emotional. It is so hard to see his name and the dates. But I got to whisper my words to my dad and we left for church. Holidays are always hard, but to have to sit through a whole service dedicated to Father's was hard. Thankfully I was between my Grandpa and Sean, so I had 2 men I love to focus on. We all went out to lunch afterwards and had a good time.


I must be big headed and say that today I felt really pretty. I had a new skirt and sweater on (clearance racks of course) that had the good self confidence effect on me. My skirt was a knee length, pleated navy blue and white toile print. It has a smooth waist and a satiny navy blue underlay. Then I had a white cami with a very fine gauge navy blue 3/4 length sleeve cardigan sweater. (It's a summer weight). I had makeup on, sandals and my hair done up. A woman at church told my mom how beautiful I looked! For someone with NO self esteem at all I felt beautiful. Thanks for letting me have an ego for a minute.


Tonight we went to my Aunts and ate wonderful food. I was glad to be surrounded by family I love and to be with my kids and husband all having a good time.


I know I said a lot of nothing, hope you all didn't fall asleep!

11 comments:

Crystal said...

I found this online

If your child has ever accidentally left a crayon in their clothes pocket, then you know what a mess this can make. The crayon can leave stains all over the clothes you were washing. If you catch the stain BEFORE drying the clothes, the stain will be much easier to remove, but even set-in stains can be removed with just a little extra work.
Difficulty: Average
Time Required: 20 minutes
Here's How:
Place the stained clothes on a white cloth or a few white paper towels.
Spray WD-40 or apply a product such as Goo Gone onto the stain. Let this stand for a few minutes.
Turn the clothing over and apply WD-40 or Goo Gone to the other side of the stain; again, let this stand for a few minutes.
Take some dishwashing detergent and work this into the stain on both sides.
Sponsored Links
Shout® Advanced Gel
Remove Tough, Set-In Crayon Stains with Shout®!
www.ShoutItOut.com

About Stain Removal
Find the Top Websites with Information about removing stains
Stains.FinerSearch.com

Crayon Stain Removal
Today's Top Choices on our free comparison site
www.genieseeker.com
Wash in hot water with a detergent containing color-safe bleach, such as Cheer with Bleach. Or use a regular detergent and add color-safe bleach.
Check the clothing before drying to ensure that the crayon stain is gone. If not, then repeat washing.

Tips:
WD-40 can be found in most grocery, hardware, and auto parts stores.
Goo Gone can usually be found in the laundry section of your grocery store.

It might take several washings for all of the stain to come out of the clothes.

What You Need:
WD-40 or Goo Gone
White Towels or Paper Towels
Dishwashing Detergent
Clothes Detergent
Color-Safe Bleach

Crystal said...

I found this online too.

If you have accidentally washed and dried crayons with your load of laundry, then chances are you will have crayon residue stuck on your clothes dryer drum. With a little WD-40 and some scrubbing, it should come off in no time.

Difficulty: Easy
Time Required: 15 Minutes

Here's How:
Spray WD-40 on the damp cloth rag; do NOT spray directly into the dryer. Use caution with a gas dryer.

Wipe the crayon marks off the inside of the drum.
Rinse cloth rag with water. Wipe the drum with the damp cloth.
Run dry, old rags through the dryer to make sure that all the crayon residue is gone.

If you have a gas dryer, leave the door open to dry out for a day before running.

Tips:
WD-40 can be purchased at most grocery, hardware, or auto parts stores.
WD-40 is flammable so use caution. Do NOT spray on or near the pilot light.

What You Need:
WD-40
Cloth Rag
Water

Lura said...

At least you have a dryer to get black crayon out of! Why are you bragging???

Unknown said...

Make sure before you try to treat the stain that any excess wax has been melted off...use a (many) paper bags and an iron, then try to treat the color stain

Amanda said...

Would newspaper or paper towels work in place of paper bags?

kellerie said...

you silly girl, don't you know how beautiful you are yet???? inside (where it counts the most) and out, you are fantastic and wonderful. why do you think we all love you?

kellerie said...

BTW, kuky said she really liked staying at your house. she misses the animal cracker barrel. scamp said she vaguely recalled being somewhere that she could lick new things, but couldn't remember details. :)

SamandSawyersMom said...

sorry about the crayon

you are very beautiful and it surprises me that you do not think so just look in the mirror girlfriend

if i looked like you, i would be touring the streets naked...don't think i wouldn't.

Unknown said...

No, has to be brown paper bag, actually plain newsprint paper will work too, but not with print on it.

Char said...

Hopefully some of those hints about crayon removal Crystal gave will work for you!!
You are gorgeous and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. Like Sonya said, look in the mirror, you are gorgeous!!
I'm glad you had a good evening despite it being a hard day for you.

Char said...

Oh and those pictures are great!! I love the ones with the boys pretending to make fart sounds... thta is what they are doing, right?