Thursday, June 7, 2007

Bargain Baby

This afternoon I went to Kmart and got 2 table top air hockey (or hair hockey as the trio calls it) and a basketball game. They have lights and sounds and are really cool. The air hockey was originally $49.99 and I got it for $5.oo! The basketball was $19.99 and I paid $4.00!!! I was so excited! I got $120.00 worth of games for $14.oo.



My kids behavior in the store was another story. Can we say Nightmare? The worst was Luke who took off his shoes and then ran to the back of the store twice while I was paying. On our way out he took off towards the parking lot, scaring the pants off me, so I grabbed him and had to carry him w/ my casted arm across the parking lot. I got in the van, put on my belt and cried.



I was to angry to come home with them so we drove for a bit and ended up at the cemetary to visit my dad's grave. They all yelled Hi Grandpa as we pulled in the gates. To some it may be disturbing, but I think it's nice. They understand that Grandpa is in Heaven with God and this is just where his body is buried. They used to think his name was "Grandpa Buried" because that is what we said at the cemetary - this is where Grandpa's buried... I felt better after going.

Now we are just waiting on Sean to get home. He gets off at 8:00. I can't wait!!!

Happy Birthday to Kellie!!!!!!!! Keep your eyes open for your "tribute" which will be coming!!!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

That's an awesome bargain baby, sorry the kiddies didn't cooperate. Maybe you should try those kiddie leashes!! Just kidding, I've never liked those things. It's after 8 now so I hope the calvary has come to help you.

Have you sent in the pics for Supernanny yet?

Unknown said...

I have seen kid leashes that were the tail off a backpack type animal...if I could find them I would buy them for my 2 (maybe even Andrew).

Unknown said...

I know, 2 in a row, but I just wanted to say how happy I am that your kids are that comfortable at the cemetary. My kids run (Jakob fell the last time and really had an ugly forehead) in the scattering garden where my grandparents are, though I would not let them do it if there was anyone else there. They have even added beach stones to the fountain, they love the garden...and ask to go whenever we are near there. I am just glad your kids are that comfortable there.

Crystal said...

Amanda, I'm sorry your kiddies gave you a hard time at the store!! Great bargain though!!!

I am happy that you and your kids find comfort in visiting Grandpa's grave......Your dad was probably smiling and loving that you were there thinking of him.

Cheryl said...

Great bargains!! I think it is great that your kids yell Hello Grandpa. My Mom always had us do that when we passed the cemetery where our Grandma was buried. It makes you not fear cemeteries when you are older.