Thursday, June 21, 2007

Things I have learned today...

*Kevin Bacon looks really old.
*At 9:41 tonight we should be able to see the space station. Sean and I looked. I saw about 4 space stations. I don't think there are 4 of them.
*Elisabeth and Rosie are no longer friends (I doubt they ever were).
*People have really interesting refrigerators.
*Because it says tear free it doesn't necessarily mean it.
*When you have a cast on and cannot fasten your bra w/o help and you try anyways and get
stuck for a lengthy period of time with your good arm stuck behind your head, just the thought
of having to call someone on the phone for help can cause an anxiety attack!
*Spaghetti and Chicken Parmesian is not a meal to serve when you weren't planning on baths.
*Blenders come with lids for a reason.
*Some kids can't comprehend that people are buried with their heads attached.

My list could go on. I finally heard from the dr.'s. My right wrist isn't broken. Yay! I have to baby it to see if that makes the swelling go down. It still looks pretty bad.

My kids have been a real challenge this week. I am not giving up - I refuse to - but I may lose all sanity by the end of the month.

I haven't gotten a sticker lately...in fact I called yesterday and put my appt.s on hold. We are trying to cut expenses and I felt that was one I could cut. We'll see! If anyone wants to give me a sticker, feel free! I am performance driven after all.

I am hoping when I wake up I will have NO black eye. I was trying to cover my eyes so I didn't have to see something gross on TV (I know....I'm how old?!) Anyways, I only succeeded in punhing my eye with my cast. Ouch!

Kellie deserves a pat on the back as she got her grad project done. Way to go Kelllie!

Gabe is doing awesome at swim lessons. He swam alone, the correct way for several yards last night. Then he jumped off the diving board repeatedly. I am so proud of him. He is such a great kid. And you should see the tan he has!!! He wears sunscreen and gets it applied every couple of hours, but is turning quite brown. He is so handsome. Can you tell I'm a proud mama?!

I need to go to bed. I'll post tomorrow.
Love you guys!


6 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh your list was funny. Where did you read the Rosie thing? I am so INTO that feud.

Good job Gabe!

I would talk to you on the phone once a week (free LD at home and cell) and give you a sticker IF you deserve one.


Good job on your "higher" learning

Cheryl said...

You are funny. Loved the list. I want to hear the blender story!! I would give you a sticker.

Amanda said...

The Rosie/Elisabeth feud is always on AOL's entertainment news.
They really slammed Rosie yesterday!!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

who slammed rosie??

kellerie said...

i will send you a whole bunch of stickers, just for putting up with my dogs, and robyn's phone calls!

i still cover my eyes when gross or scary things come on, too. i hope you don't get a black eye. the doctors really will think sean beats you!

glad to hear that your wrist isn't broken

thanks for the pat on the back!

umm, so what's the story about being buried with heads attached??

kellerie said...

i forgot - great job gabe!!!!

and the bra thing- too funny!!!