Thursday, May 3, 2007

What a Traumatic Night!

I was on the phone with Kellie when all of a sudden I heard Gabe screaming in the dining room. I ran in and dropped the phone (sorry Kellie). The picture window that has a broken lock had fallen and Gabe's fingers were smashed in it. I couldn't budge the window so I yelled for our neighbor, Chuck, to help. We were able to pry the window apart and get his fingers out. They were in there for about 5 minutes and were flat! They are bruised and still swelling but not broken. Thank the Lord for that. He is on the couch with ice and watching tv. The tears subsided after about a half hour. It looks very painful. I had told the kids several times to stay away from the window because it was broken. Sean is going to lock it shut with screws tonight.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad his fingers aren't broken....I hope the swelling goes down and the pain stops! Poor guy! Hope you are okay too, I bet it shook you up!

Cheryl said...

Oh poor Gabe. I hope he is feeling better!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh you poor thing. i would have freaked out. Oh that poor baby. How is he now? Oh my gosh, will somebody please buy that woman 4 bubbles immediately!!!

Crystal said...

Sonya, why the bubbles??? I don't get it!

Lura said...

I think she means like plastic bubbles to keep her kids in and safe?!

Crystal said...

Oh okay. I'm glad someone understands her! SM