Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Fun with Tanis

Okay so this should really be called fun with Tanis' toys. If you look really close Tanis is in the yellow shirt. I was a bad picture taker that day. Kellie and I took one of ourselves and we looked a little too scary to post. I don't know why we think it is a good idea to try and take our own picture!

The kids had a ball playing together and this was the day Kellie and I showed our amazing athletic abilities with a netless badminton game. I know the neighbors were jealous of our talent!
Yesterday there was an article in the paper about a mom who has 2 year old twins and an older child. It was entitled "Mrs. Brown's Bad Day." I read it and all I could think was I would love to have a day like that. If that's bad...she is lucky! But everyone is different and what is bad to me may not seem like it's that bad to others.

Last night the triplets disappeared upstairs and I found them in the bathroom brushing their teeth. (Oh shoot, I just realized that Gabe brushed his with his electric Spongebob toothbrush. That would be the same one that I caught Luke scrubbing the stairwell walls with! I didn't have a chance to clean it!!! At least it is the wall I repainted not to long ago so its no longer the green flat paint that would have come off and given Gabe green teeth!) Anyways, they had each put their own toothpaste on. Jonathan looked rabid with a ton of pink foam on his face. I am assuming they didn't injest too much as the tube was still fairy full. So after I cleaned them up and got the toothbrushes put away I sent them back downstairs. I caught Gabe kicking Luke in the bottom to push him down the steps! I immediately sent him to his room. It scared me half to death! Well Gabe appeared a bit later carrying a large piece of cardboard from the recycling box. He had written "I only tapped him" and drew a picture of Gabe "tapping" Luke with his shoe on the bottom and then an arrow pointing down the stairs with Luke laying at the bottom. He meant well.

I gave the triplets roast beef sandwiches last night and we piciniced on the living room floor. I looked over to find that Luke had shredded his beef all over himself and the floor! He was a mess! Does anyone have any suggestions for better eating habits? Caitlin and Jonathan crumbled a rice krispy treat into a bowl of maccaroni and ate that instead of their sandwiches.

I have a question regarding kids hygeine. Last night Gabe was lying in the floor and said "Can you give me soom of Dad's cologne?" When I asked why he said it ws because his armpits smell. I asked if it was a sweaty smell, he sniffed them and said "No, they smell like garbage." He showers everyday, or bathes, sometimes 2 times. Isn't it too young for him to be getting smelly armpits? He's only 8 and I thought that was a puberty issue. I had him wear Old Spice deoderant to school today, it made him happy. Is this the onset of puberty or is it me being weird?

Okay, I have to go take the kids to Caitlin's follow up appt. Yippee!
Have a good day.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I will ask my little brother when he started where deodorant and get back to you.

Crystal said...

That carpet picnic sounds fun! ha That was very brave of you to do with that rowdy trio of yours! ha ha

I think it's probaby fairly normal for an 8 or 9 year old boy to have smelly armpits especially if they are very active. Since Daws wants to be just like his dad, he's been wearing deodorant and cologne since he was 2 and a half! He's funny like that!

Char said...

Yes! It is normal for a boy that age to start smelling. I cried the first time I smelled Jacob's stinky pits. It's a sign of maturing and I wasn't (and I'm still not) ready for that!! :(

Cheryl said...

Oh no they start stinking that soon. Yuck!