Friday, May 4, 2007

Such a proud Aunt am I !!!!


This is my nephew Cory. He is a senior in high school and graduates next month. He is a third degree black belt and won first place in Kata and 4th in Olympic Tae Kwan Do Sparring at the Disney Martial Arts Festival. He is such a neat kid and has gone through a lot. His parents divorced and a year later his mom died unexpectedly (my sis in law, Angie). This July he leaves for boot camp and is scheduled to join the Marine Special Forces. Another of my nephews leaves for the army in July also.

I just wanted to share this neat-o kid with you all. We are so proud of him.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow, that pic is sooo cool! He is very flexible! I bet having Martial Arts to put all of his energy into helped him thru some rough times in his life. My oldest son has had some rough times too and Martial Arts has definitely helped him. It's a great skill for them to have and it boosts their self confidence so much!!!! GOOD JOB CORY!!!!

Cheryl said...

WOW that is great. He sounds like an amazing kid. Good for him.

Lura said...

That is a cool pic. Especially how his name shows up on his belt!

Lura said...

I think he's thinking "does this outfit make my butt look big?". Oh wait, that's my blog!