Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tearful Thursday

I had a blue day today. Actually I was wearing white but I dripped ice cream on my shirt and it looked like a gorilla nipple so I changed to a green shirt. So I guess I've had a white, brown and green day.

What?

I've been crying off and on all day today. Some good tears (thanks Crys) and others not so good. I am determined to go to bed happy :) tonight.

My morning was nice. Sean and I went to Lowe's and got paint for the bathroom and some Miracle Grow - I'll let you know if it lives up to it's name. Then we went to Pat Catan's where I used my free book coupon to get my mom a knitting book. It had really cute kids sweaters and I made sure to point them out. After that we decided to go get ice cream at the Toft's factory. It was 10:30 in the morning after all. The guy who was working was really silly and felt sorry for me so he gave me 2 extra scoops for free. But all the while was telling Sean that he thinks he feels worse for him! What's that supposed to mean?! It was Caveman Ice cream which was excellent, but did cause the gorilla nipple. We laughed all morning, did silly song and dance numbers in the car together, and made each other giggle. I did an impressive rap music montage (sp?). Okay I thought it was impressive. Sean pretended not to know me.

Everything was fine until Sean left for work and the kid's came home. I feel terrible admitting that, but it's the truth. The trio's teacher told me what a good day they had and they listened so well. As soon as we got home they tore the dining room apart, got into the fridge and spilled things, etc. I just kept crying. NOT a good reaction on my part, but I couldn't stop. I hope this Supernanny pans out. I need the help!

Thanks for the prayers and support. I think you guys are all super! Have a good night and Cheryl - be careful and have an AWESOME time!

gee-my mood swings are really evident in this post! ha ha boo hoo

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh we all have those days sometimes. Ryan was trying to be helpful today and get his own milk since I had sooooo much to do but ended up spilling about a 4th of the gallon in to the fridge. Boy was that fun to clean up. I am glad you and Sean hd a good morning. I can't imagine trying to eat and ice cream cone with 2 casts, you should have video taped it. You could still go for the 10,000 dollars even if super nanny comes. I hope you have a perfect day tomorrow.

Unknown said...

So, I think I might be able to visit on Monday, maybe. If that will help say you want me to come.

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh, I am sure teary days make you feel a little better so don't sweat it (cause that would be additional water loss to your body and I remember Crys saying that that could really hurt you...she had a friend...)

I think it is normal that when our children come around us, we know that we are in charge and that we have all the responsibility on our shoulders so we feel overwhelmed. It is all okay. Our feelings are all okay. I wish you had more confidence in the way you felt and your abilities. With an attitude like yours, nothing is impossible..especially with God as your foreman (yeah He does that line of work too).

Days like that are good because the next day you can wake up and realize all the great things in your life and praise HIM for those too. Love you!!

Crystal said...

Girl, it's okay to be overwhelmed! We all get that way at times. Daws spilled soda all over the computer desk yesterday that I had just cleaned not to mention that we have a rule no drinks at the desk so he got in trouble for that.......then he exploded with poop in his pants all up his back and all over his shirt and socks.......he was covered!!! It was sooo gross because he's not a baby, he's 7 years old. He couldn't help it cause I had double dosed him on his laxitives to clean him out so I was glad it came out, I just wish it would have been in the toilet!!!! Whew! Anyway, my point is, please don't feel bad for feeling the way you do, we all do at times. Parenting isn't easy but some day when our kids are grown, we will miss all the chaos and noise and mishaps.......they are only little for a short time. Hang in there kiddo!!! Love ya!

Cheryl said...

Funny Sonya...Crys had a friend... HAHAHA

Lura said...

I need a flashback!

Crystal said...

Cheryl, don't encourage her......I was ignoring that remark on purpose! SM

Jamie said...

Bummer, I'm sorry it was so bad. Sometimes the best medicine is to just blow off steam and let the tears out. I hope you feel better though!