Thursday, September 11, 2008

We are so blessed!

Maddie, Grandma and the 6 grandkids in a water balloon fight
Johnny and his pink balloon
Old Grandpa and Luke
Jonathan, Luke and Caitlin giving each other kisses
Caitlin and Scarlett
Caitlin, Maddie, Johnny and Grandma
Gabe launching a waterballoon at Grandma while Caitlin ducks!
Maddie, Carmen, Caitlin and Scarlett getting ready to be soaked by Grandma's balloon!
Luke,Maddie, Grandma and Carmen

Too often I think I don't take enough time to really count my blessings.
Today I have spent some time thinking about how truly blessed myself and my family are. I would like to share just a few, in no particular order:

-I have wonderful friends!
-I have a husband who is magnificent in every way
-While we have health problems, none are very serious
-God has shown how he provides many times over, a perfect example being the tardiness of the banks to file our foreclosure (there is still no action taken against us! We were supposed to be long gone by now.)
-Our wonderful neighbors who are connected to us by garden hose to allow us to have water to bathe and go potty!
-A wonderful mother who is doing our laundry for us so we don't have to pay at a laundromat. She is doing the laundry!! (I think she secretly fears I will break her machine given my history!)
-Loving families
-Sean's sister called him to apologize for something that had caused great tension in the family.
-My kids are adjusting to the school year.
-Gabe's night terrors have drastically lessened!!!
-Jonathan's pulse ox level has risen enough to keep him unhospitalized
-I have reconnected with old friends who have always been a great source of love and support
-I have my tremendous blog buddies who I love dearly and can't imagine not having in my life!
-God is taking care of Carrie's eyes!
-My grandmother's health is improving
-Victoria is having a smooth pregnancy for the most part


I could go on and on and on! It is so easy to see the good things when you look at life with a positive attitude.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

you go girl, we should all make that list today!! everyday really! I am glad God has blessed you so!

Cheryl said...

Oh and i love the pics, especial the one of Gabe launching at grandma!! FUNNY

Lura said...

Wonderfully said.

Cheryl said...

Ryan said he likes the dog, who's is it and what is it's name?

Amanda said...

Maddie is my mom's dog

She is a french standard poodle that was given to my mom as a teeny little puppy.

SamandSawyersMom said...

so nice

Carrie said...

That is great! Love the pictures too and thank you for the shout out on my eyes. God has given me great peace with my surgery.