Friday, September 12, 2008

@#$% !!!!!

Well, I am sure it could still get worse here. The house could actually come alive and eat us.
To make this quick, Sean and I are starting to pack the house up. While digging Sean hit the gas line. The fire dept. and gas company came. They can't find the shut off valve so we are waiting for another team to come and shut it off. While all this was going on, the gas guy goes into our basement to check things out and finds that we have had a gas leak, probably since we moved in here & nothing is up to code. He said all these are things that our home inspector should have caught - he has 25 years experience. Why didn't he? So they are shutting off the gas until things are brought up to code. The minimum that we are looking at to bring things to code is aroun ten thousand dollars. Wow.
So, we are leaving. I don't know where we are going, when, or how. I am scared but I am trusting in the Lord. He is good and He will provide.
My rainbow is out there somewhere.
Please pray for my family.
I guess Caitlin will have to wait for her new room a few weeks, but she will get it as soon as we move!
I love you guys. Thank you for your support.

6 comments:

Char said...

Oh wow Amanda! I am SO very sorry! Things will get better! Hang in there!
(((((GIGANTIC HUGS)))))
It just makes me want to cry for you. I know that won't help you at all! :( I just feel so sad for all of this happening to you. Please, let me know if you need anything!
With love, caring and awesome good wishes,
Charity

kellerie said...

all of this must be for a reason. you just have to believe that it's for the best, even if you don't know why.

we are here if you need ANYTHING!!! just call!

Cheryl said...

Oh Amanda, i am so very sorry. you know what there is a reason behind this and soon you will know what it is. what if there was something in the house that was making you all sick...you move out and everyone feels so much better. could be. If you need anything please ask, i know we are far away but we really are willing to help out any way we can. we love you!!! Keep your chin up, thins will get better!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

hang in there. we are praying.

Carrie said...

Oh I am so sorry. Everything happens for a reason and you will see it once the storm passes. I am praying for you and your family that you will find a new house that is perfect for you.

Hang in there girlie.

Crystal said...

Oh Amanda, I am sooo sorry...Gosh, I wish there was something we could do for you! I hate knowing this is happening and not being able to help at all. This must be scary for you all. I am praying hard for your family and I still have faith that you will get your rainbow sweetie!