Saturday, September 6, 2008

Update on our H20

The city came yesterday again to check things out. Sean had tried to dig out some but it will take him a week to dig to the street. The water line is buried approx. 4 feet deep and is incredibly close to the gas line. It was decided that this cannot be done by Sean, so there are 2 guys from the water dept. that do this on the side and have over 50 years combined experience who will be doing this - next weekend. They are cheaper than the local companies and being with the city, can shut off everything themselves and we will avoid delays. The bad news is that it is still going to cost several thousand dollars. We don't have credit cards and due to the bankrupcy cannot get a loan, so Sean's dad is going to take out a small loan for us. See, God will provide. In the meantime, my mom will do our laundry and we are trying to get ahold of our neighbor to hook up to their water meter for enough water to shower and potty. The city will disconnect their meter so they will not be charged. Hopefully the neighbors will agree!
I am feeling very frustrated today, but I know that God will take care of us.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Awww...that really stinks. Everything will work out. It always does.

Lura said...

I'm glad you at least have the solution now, even if it's not immediate. I know it's still sucky.

Cheryl said...

Oh my, well at least you have a plan and it will get done. i wish we lived closer you could stay with us! Hope it gets done quickly!

kellerie said...

if you need a place to stay, our door is always open. . . 3 bathrooms. . .

Debby said...

Oh Amanda, I feel so badly for you. I will pray for you. I also wish you lived closer so that I could be of some help to you. Maybe I could drop the kids off at school, just kidding.