Friday, September 5, 2008

Our lives must have been too easy again....

Sickness must have been to easy for us to handle in this house.
Yesterday I noticed a sick-o smell in the kitchen and couldn't trace it so I just ignored it.
Around 10:30 last night Sean went out to the kitchen, smelled the stink and checked the basement. Turns out the water line from the house to the street broke and the sewer line did as well. So the street dept. came and said it was the old cast iron pipe from the house to the street - Sean has to dig that up and replace it. Then the sewer has ruptured underneath the basement concrete floor. So we have to break up the concrete and redo that. We are pretty much at a loss this morning as to what to do. Financially we cannot afford to do it, physically and mentally it will be a challenge. It is so frustrating. Thankfully we have parents who can most likely help us out on the finance end of it, and I have a therapist to help me out on the mental end of it, and God will take care of it all.
I am so glad to have my sense of humor!
Oh, and I went to empty the trash in the upstairs bathroom and a grey mouse ran out! We have never had a mouse upstairs and it scared the crud out of me! It ran back into the access panel under the tub. Sean thinks it came up from the basement, probably driven up by the sewer stench!
Then we had 3 huge brown spiders and a wasp. Talking to Lura this morning we decided that we must be going through the seven plagues - spiders, wasps, mice, sewer, water, sickness...I am going to hate to see the last one! Lura suggested that it would be everything I touched turns to cotton candy, but I would eat my family that way! yuck. I am hoping maybe it is something to do with chocolate, and not everything I touch turning to it either!

So my friends - I am asking for your prayers. Please pray that God provides a resolution for all these issues. Maybe he will send the Orken man and a retired plumber who wants to work for free. Oh, and a girl scout with cases of left over cookies that they want to donate to families facing plagues!

Have a super day, I know we will aim for that at this house. Something great is bound to happen. I just know it!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

it has to get better! it will get better. i will pray for you!! i am sorry things have gotten crappy (pun intended) again. we love you!! try to have a great day!!

Crystal said...

ahhh, I feel awful about all that's happening! Gosh, what the heck is going on?? I will definitely keep praying for you guys......I know in my heart that there are big wonderful things coming to you!!! I love you girl, I wish I could come and take you out for some chocolate or something......I'd be there in a sec!

The whole mouse thing freaks me out thats why I will ALWAYS own a cat!!!

Char said...

Wow! I'm sorry that happened! I hope that it is fixed fast and cheap!

Carrie said...

You are in my prayers. I would have peed my pants if I saw a mouse run! EEK!