Thursday, April 26, 2007

Water, pokes and Alan

Today I had a major clean fest. I got my kitchen almost completely done, including moving out the big cabinet. I put the one my great grandfather made in there instead and moved all the food to higher cabinets out of the kids reach. So far so good.
I went and had some tests run this afternoon. Loads of fun. One was an ultrasound (No, I'm not pregnant). I drank a ton 1 1/2 hrs. prior and my bladder was still basically empty. So they made me drink 2 huge glasses of water and then wait another 40 minutes. I thought I was going to float away!!! Thankfully I was full and they were able to do the test. Also I had labwork done. Is it bad when they groan when they see you coming and then fight over who has to draw your blood? It only took about 10 minutes and 2 pokes, this was a huge deal! I have no veins to speak of and it is a royal pain to draw blood or do an IV. I usually end up with a pick line or triple lumin. Both are done by a trained nurse from Toledo. The triple lumin goes in your jugular and has to be stitched into place. Loads of fun, but you don't know its there after about a day. Let's pray there are no more hospital stays in my future!!!
That was the major excitement in my life today. How sad!!! Oh...I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT. SOMEBODY... I THINK IT WOULD BE SOMEBODY THAT RHYMES WITH DURA- SENT ME AN ALAN ALDA POSTER IN THE MAIL!!!! I AM SO EXCITED AND I CAN'T WAIT TO HANG IT UP! Sean says the bedroom is out of the question. Maybe over the toilet? I hear that is prime picture hanging space these days. But then Alan Alda would see my bare behind everytime I sat down. That is just creepy.
Have an awesome night!!!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

NO, it wasn't Lura, it was me!!!

Crystal said...

Ahhh, Jamers, that was sooo sweet of you!!!!!!

Amanda, I am praying for your health.......please keep us posted!

Char said...

Hope all the tests turn out fine!
That's awesome about the poster!

Jamie said...

I really hope your tests turn out well. I'm so glad you liked the picture. It seems to be a theme lately to hang things over the potty. Maybe I should think about it!!