Monday, April 16, 2007

Many days ago Monday...



These are some of the pictures from our Chocolate Night. The armless manequin was outside the theater advertising the evening. I know, I don't get it either. Kellie and I are on the left and my belly looks really lumpy for some reason. I hope it doesn't really look like that. Lura and I are on the right peeking through the armpits. We are classy girls!
Gabe's tooth came out yesterday morning at breakfast. It wasn't nearly as bloody as the last one and we are very thankful for that. 10 more to go! He lost 2 teeth in the last week alone.
I took the triplets to the doctor for rechecks today and Luke got his brace off. He is so happy.
I was mortified as they stood there the whole time the dr. was in the room and said all the "bad" words they know...poopy, stupid, shut up, damage (their version of the d word), etc. The dr. said the best thing to do was ignore it and that it was worse with the 3 of them because there ARE 3 of them. They then called him Dr. Poopy and read him a book about shutting up poopy stupid. I could have screamed. It was one of those times you just want to pretend they aren't your kids. Kind of like the t-shirt "who are these kids and why do they keep calling me mom?"
On the way home Luke undid his seatbelt and refused to put it back on (He got in HUGE trouble!) When we got home Luke and Jonathan flooded the bathroom, Crystal I'll trade you no water for too much water! Apparently they were throwing water at the walls and into the toilet. They both came out of the b-room with wet hair, shirts, underwear and socks. I don't understand why they have such a fascination with water! Luke climbed into the tub, fully dressed, with Gabe again last night.
Sean managed to fix our back door today so now I can take the kids directly into the yard without having to walk around the garage. It was broken because Sean had to kick it in when I locked us out of the house. It wouldn't have been so bad, except it was the second time that day that I had done it! Oops. We are putting a key to the door out back so it doesn't happen again. Sometimes I think Sean is a saint for putting up with me. Especially after last night when I couldn't sleep and kept waking him up to entertain me. I am as bad as one of the kids! He told me to tell him a story, so I made one up about a boy who ate his scabs. Sean had the nerve to fall asleep during the exciting tale and I got mad. I don't know why I am sharing this...
I have a million loads of laundry to do and have to reflect on my guilt for not returning Lura's phone call in time to watch her boys. Thanks Lura!!! It's a good thing I have my appt. tomorrow.
I am rambling, sorry.
A note for Crystal...I hope that you have a better night tonight and that Daws starts feeling better. I am thinking of you and sending very happy and HEALTHY thoughts your way. Love ya!

7 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh Amanda!!! I am laughing soooo hard about the kids calling the Dr..Dr. Poopy! and all the other stuff they said.........that is too funny! ha ha

Whoa, I guess not having water for 8 hours is better than having a water world in your bathroom! Those boys crack me up! I would love to spend the day with you sometime because everything I read about your days are just sooo funny, I know it's not funny to you now but it will be someday!

By the way, have you had your house blessed yet??? I really think it will help.

Thank you so much for the encouraging words and for the prayers! You are a great NSSS!!!!

Cheryl said...

Oh my gosh...my husband and I are laughing so hard we are both crying. You could write a book about your life. it would also be a great comedy. Seriously I don't know how you do it.

SamandSawyersMom said...

Because she is nuts and nuttiness helps you survive.

You really are an inspiration to us all.

SamandSawyersMom said...

You look so amazing..you are so thin!!

Amanda said...

Oh Sonya, thank you, but I have gained 20+ lbs. since February. They are looking at my thyroid as it was a rapid gain, but I seriously wonder about stress eating. I am trying really hard to diet and exercise. Ugh.

Cheryl said...

If you gained 20 pounds chasing 3 3 year olds you must have a thyroid problem!!!

Lura said...

I don't know anyone who would wear a shirt like that and not claim their kids. That is horrible! ha ha