Thursday, April 5, 2007

A missing my dad kind of day...


I am really missing my dad today. I think the upcoming holiday has something to do with it. I thought I'd share some pictures that I like. Forgive the crookedness. I am still learning to scan.
The top left is my mom and dad in Hawaii, so is the tiki one. The top right is my dad giving me my first pizza, my sister Amy is kneeling in the chair. Far left is my dad reading to me, he loved to read. The bottom left is Amy, Dad and I. Can you tell I look like my Dad?
Most days I feel I handle things okay, but there are days when I really get down. My dad was always the one I would turn to when I needed to talk. He had such a big heart and his ears were always open. He wasn't perfect, but he always loved me...even when I was unlovable!
I 'm sad that my kids have to grow up w/o him. Gabe has great memories of him and will share those with the triplets. I love you Dad and I miss you !

5 comments:

Char said...

Sorry you are missing your dad! I really don't know how you feel, so I'm not going to even say that because I can't even imagine it. I don't want to imagine it!
I'm glad you have such great memories of your dad. You will keep his memory alive thru talking about him and sharing him with others. I know he won't be able to really talk back to you, but you can still talk to him. Maybe your answer will come to you from him in Heaven? You never know! :)
*HUGS*

Crystal said...

I am very sorry that you are missing your dad. I agree with Charity, you can keep his memory alive by talking about him and sharing him with people. We'd love to hear any memories you might want to share with us.

How long has he been gone? You will definitely see your dad again some day so hold onto that!!! Love ya!

Amanda said...

Thanks guys.

Cheryl said...

Oh you made me cry. I feel for you. You just keep telling us how wonderful he was, we love to hear it and if it helps that's great. I'm sorry it has been one of those days.

SamandSawyersMom said...

I feel very thankful for you that you had many great years with him. I know many friends who never got a single postive day with their dads. i know it doesn't help you but you really had a great one and you got some time. It never feels like enough I know.