Friday, April 20, 2007

The fun never ends!!

Two hours and 15 minutes until I drop the triplets off at my sister in laws to play, Gabe just left for school, Sean is at school...I might actually get some time to myself! After yesterday I need it.

I took the trio outside to play while Gabe stayed inside pouting and mad at me...he was sick so he couldn't. We flew a kite, played on the swings, ran around. I spent an hour being a fun mom. I figured that they would behave for the rest of the day since we had gotten to have fun outside.

Not too long after we got inside I discovered Caitlin and Jonathan "washing" the windows for me. With JUICE! When Jonathan saw me coming their way he grabbed the juice, squeezed it over Caitlin's head and then all down the front of my pants. After I got that cleaned up I went to change laundry as I am still doing towels from the great poop fest. Someone accidentally(?) pottied on the floor, I stepped in it (didn't know I had), the triplets all stepped in it and it was tracked all over the downstairs floors, the laundry, the carpet and the furniture. As I was loading the washer, Gabe came into tell me that Luke had gotten into the storage room and knocked over the big box of files. So I have that to clean up. I had spent several days organizing them - for nothing apparantly! The phone rang and it was Victoria, who sensed that I needed a break. The kids were playing quietly so I sat down to talk to her. Next thing I know I am fishing Fruity Pebbles out of the fish tank! For all who are wondering, Fruity Pebbles do NOT kill guppies or snails. While I was busy with that, I hear a noise in the kitchen. Luke had gotten back into the cabinet, climbed the shelves to get down the Family Size box of Fruity Pebbles and dumped them on the kitchen floor. I had just opened the box that afternoon. By the time I got there the kitchen floor was covered as was the laundry room and dining room. They were picking it up and throwing them at each other. Believe it or not, I think that I handled the whole thing quite well. As I was cleaning Caitlin was sneaking handfuls of the cereal out and throwing them in the living room. So when I discovered that, I had to clean the living room. She also decided to tinkle on the floor even though she had time to go to the bathroom. She just didn't want to.

I wish you could all be a fly on the wall here. As I was typing the above Luke walked in. He had just gone to the bathroom (in the actual potty) but then walked into the living room and #2 ed on the floor. He came in with his pants around his ankles and # 2 all over himself to let me know. I did get him and the floor cleaned up.

2 more hours!!!! Have a great day girls!

2 comments:

kellerie said...

If it helps, I have a funny Tanis potty story. call me later and I'll tell you

Cheryl said...

Oh my i totally missed this post. You poor girl, you don't need a break you need a vacation, a long vacation.