Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday Funday

We had such a fun night tonight. We went over to Kellie and Brian's and had a cookout. The kids had an absolute ball. I am so happy that Tanis and our 4 get along so well. There was a little apprehension with the pugs, Jonathan calls them Scamp and The Other Scamp. They are still not sure of what to make of the dogs that snort and wheeze. The trio had better get used to them as we are dog sitting for several days this summer!
After our delicious dinner Kellie and I decided to show off our excellent atheltic abilities. We tried a little badminton (no matter that they didn't have a net. I am not sure if one would have helped much.) While we may not make the Olympic team, we had fun and that's what matters! The game ended when I made a great slide on the grass but unfortunately missed the birdie. I did have a super landing pose though; on my back with my legs straight up. I think I scored points for creativity. We attempted only a few shots of basketball before being reminded of why we were not on the High School's team many years ago. I think a few more practice sessions and Kellie and I could play badminton in public without too much embarassment. Okay, maybe not.
The 4 kids had fun playing in the boxes that the ladders to their new pool came in. We can't wait to go swimming this summer! I wonder how all the kids will do. There were only minor injuries for Tanis and Luke. Face it, they are going to get their mother's grace. Poor kids.
Thanks Kellie and Brian for a fun night. We needed the break :)

Yesterday Crystal and I did 20 questions for each other and I learned a lot about my NSSS! We have a lot in common and I can't wait to finally meet her. I feel that I am getting to know her a little better each week. By the way, Have a super duper Monday Crystal!!!

I hope that you all had fun scrapping. I am jealous that I missed out on the fun, but look forward to our retreat this summer!
Have a great night girls.

5 comments:

kellerie said...

okay, you are super efficient! I can't believe you had this posted only about an hour after you left our house!

we had a great time, too. we are so glad you could come over.

SamandSawyersMom said...

aww sounds like you had a blast

why am i not surprised that oyu fell and then made a "pose" out of it? I would have doen the same thing

glad you are getting to know crys. She is fun and very nurturing. i love her too.

we missed you on saturday even though your name was not on our sign. had you sent us a gift, it would have been. See, now you know

have a great week

Lura said...

I want to know why you make it to Kellie's house all the time and never to mine???

kellerie said...

I live closer???

Cheryl said...

I am glad you had a good Sunday. It sounds like fun. Next time you should get some video, we'd love to see your pose "fall"!!