Thursday, April 12, 2007

Another Day in Paradise

Gabe and I are getting ready to leave for Chuckie Cheese, but I thought that I would take a minute to post. Last night was one of those neverending nights! Luke ended up sick. He threw up several times including into 3 bags of groceries that I had not had a chance to unpack. Talk about gross! Thankfully all the items were boxes wrapped in plastic that I hadn't opened yet to put away. So I spent a lot of time sitting on the kitchen floor cleaning things! Then he managed to wet his pants on the couch...twice! I refuse to put him back in pull ups at bedtime, so I take partial blame for that one. We wake him to potty, but apparantly we need to try Lura's raisin idea. Plus if we use the little boxes of raisins we have whistles and raisin revolvers to play with!
All three went to daycare today. Am I a horrible mother??? I needed a break and Luke was doing fine this morning. Jonathan is having nightmares during naptime there this week for some reason. He was inconsolable yesterday.
Sean has school tonight, so we may venture to Kellie's to play if everyone is still feeling good. I know that probably makes me weak, but I have no patience right now.
I need to clean my house and get organized...Okay, stop laughing I am serious! I am sure that Lura, Kellie and Victoria remember some of the cleaning parties we've had. I am really a lost cause!! I think the most memorable cleaning party involved a then 3 year old Gabe stripping naked and coming into the room dancing with a sock on his privates. Thankfully none of the trio has done that. But Gabe always had a thing with nudity. One day we were out front talking to Amy who was in the driveway and I heard a truck honk. I looked over and there was Gabe mooning a Fed-Ex driver!! He was 3 then too I believe. I don't know where he gets this behavior, because his mother has NEVER EVER been like that! :)
On that note, I am going to get ready to leave. I suppose since we will be in a public place, I should make sure my shoes are on the right feet and my clothes match! Have a good one!!

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Goodness gracious, Amanda! Can you ever catch a break!? ha ha Don't ever feel guilty for taking a little time for yourself! Hope you have a wonderful and uneventful day today!

Cheryl said...

Oh your Gabe sounds like a handful, But FUNNY!!! Mooning a fed ex driver. Too funny!! have a good day, try to find time to relax a bit.

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh you are too much. Well nudity is no big deal. It could be worse. I hope they all stay feeling better.

kellerie said...

we missed you today! I hope everyone is feeling okay. How was chuckie cheese?

Jen said...

i put a pull up on carson everynight and he is 5. my doctor says no worry right now. its normal to still have ocassional night wetting just as long as he's ok during the day.