Friday, May 30, 2008

Sarah's Cross stitch - Maybe


I say maybe because I still don't know if it will download the picture. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am really pleased with how it is turning out so far. The girl will have a wreath of flowers in her hair. My mom's friend Kathy has all the tools to cut mats and all the materials needed and she has volunteered to do any of my projects. So I am going to have her mat it for me, I just am not sure of what color to use.

I bought horse and whale, dolphin, sea turtle fabric to make Carmen and Scarletts bags. I am going to sew their names in bright contrasting colors on the handles. I hope they turn out. I have until the 19th to get them done. I have until July 5th to finish Sarah's. Then I will start on projects for the trio's 5th birthday.

Gabe has his first softball practice tonight at 7:00. We got his mitt today and he is excited. The triplets, Tanis, Steven and Jakob will be starting drop in t-ball soon. That should provide entertaining blog material. I don't know if Lura's boys are going to join in the fun or not. I think they should!
I was fixing dinner and talking to Kellie this evening and when I went into the dining room to see how the table setting was going, I found the trio had squeezed their Caprison roaring waters all over the table and were fingerpainting in it and blowing it around with the straws. Needless to say I have a very sticky dining room that I will be mopping when they go to bed. What Fun.
I am going to go and spend some quality time with the kiddos before bedtime. Have a wonderful evening all of you. I will be back on later to check all your blogs and hope for some big posts!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh my gosh Amanda that is amazing. Girl you are good. I use to cross stitch.

Oh t-ball should be fun. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Unknown said...

It is awesome, I can't say for sure but depending I would say use a dark brown mat...but wait until it is finished and you have decided on the frame first.

Can't wait to start T-ball, I think that Jen's kids may come too..so it may just be like my kids birthday parties outside in the sun, oh and with some other randoms thrown in too. I have a feeling though that we may just scare some people away. Can't wait for those pictures to post!

Lura said...

I was going to suggest a brown mat too. I think anything else will just look cheesey. My opinion.

Does drop in t ball mean you just show up when you want to?

Carrie said...

OH WOW! That crossstictch is beautiful! That is awesome!!!

Can't wait to see the others that you are working on...or plan to work on.

Char said...

That is gorgeous!! You put to shame everything I have ever cross stitched!! :)