Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thursday Blursday....


I am still so tired. I slept decent last night but I cannot shake this cold. It is settling in my chest and I feel lousy. blah. I am just taking it easy today.

Here is the picture of when Caitlin took the header into the cement flagpole. If you look you can see the bruising in her hairline. The cut itself was only about 3/4" long and has all healed except for the top 1/4". It is really shiny from the glue. It has been 2 weeks today and she still has the glue. I am not sure if I am supposed to pull it off or scrub it or leave it, so I am just leaving it. When Jonathan split his head open the glue didn't even last a week, but his was only about 1/2" long gash.

I am almost 1/2 way done with Sarah's cross stitch. I have about 150 stitches left on the boys hat and then I am moving to the girl. I may post a picture of what is done so far because I love how it is looking.

Carmen and Scarlett turn 7 on June 19th. I have got to figure out something for them too. They are such tomboys and are hard to buy for. I usually shop in the boys department. With money tight I was hoping to make them something. Carmen loves horses and Scarlett loves all animals so I thought I would make them overnight bags out of animal fabric. I know they would love it. Victoria - if they would wear dresses you know I would be all over that one fabric! I may end up just buying big water guns or something. Who knows. Any suggestions for 7 year old tom boys?
Sean is out working on his parents porch. He rebuilt it and is finishing up the railings and building stair rails on each side for his mom. He is so handy! His parents house is falling down around them and they have decided that instead of moving they are going to put the money into remodeling. That means Sean is going to spend much of the summer over there. yippee. I should be nice about it...... I guess that means that the kids and I will just hope for lots of playdates!
Well, I promised Sean I would try to squeeze a nap in while he was gone. I hope that you all have a great day. I will probably post again later....I love being able to show pictures - even if it takes 20 minutes to upload them! I can't complain because I can at least do it now! I look at that as a blessing.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Char said...

I'm glad you got some sleep! Yes, take a nice nap! :)
Leave the glue on there. It'll just naturally come off. Travis had his cut on his ear glued and it took awhile to come off. I'm glad she is healing! The bruise looks nasty! wow! It's a good thing the hair covers it up.
You'll have to take a picture of the cross stitch!
I was a tom boy, but toys are so different today! I would have liked a baseball hat, balls, cap gun, and bubble gum.
That's nice that Sean is helping them out. Sorry your summer will be a little lonely with him gone. I'm sure you'll find lots to do with friends.

to comment from your comment on my blog - no, the movie is not like the village at all. haha. it's more like godzilla.

Cheryl said...

I hope you got a nap in!

You leave the glue on until it comes off itself. Poor baby, I hope she isn't in pain anymore.

I want to see the cross stitch when you are done!

Unknown said...

Hey, Target had some ball and glove sets that were pretty cheap and PINK! I know the pink thing could be too much for them but I just thought of it.

Carrie said...

The gash on Caitlin's head looks like it hurts!

I want to see the crossstitch too!