Sunday, May 18, 2008

Stuff

I was reading through Kellie's old blog entries and came across her book lists again. I have decided to add mine to the bottom of my blog. I am going for the 50 plus books this year. I am taking the time when I put the kids to bed to read for enjoyment. It is so relaxing, depending on the book! I also figure that the more my kids see me read, the more they will enjoy doing it. Gabe is really into the Star Wars series he discovered at the library. Sean and I have also decided to try and learn/use a new word each day (or week). Sometimes I think that we tend to invent new ways to use an old word. Last week it was narcoleptic. Not sure if that is an actual form of the word or not, but we used it. "I am feeling quite narcoleptic today." or "Are you feeling okay? You look a bit narcoleptic today." We may sound like idiots, but we amuse ourselves. This week the word is tort. The legal kind, not the eating kind!
It has been a long weekend. Johnny woke up sick this am. He has run a fever all day and can't keep motrin or tylenol down. Yesterday I went to a bridal shower for my friend Sarah. We have known each other since we were 8 months old and I am 3 days older than she is. Her wedding is July 5th and my goal is to lose weight before then. Ugh. It was a nice shower, about 20 people and it was more of a reunion of old teachers and such. Our parents are all teachers so they share a lot of the same friends. Sarah is working at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville. She is in her last year of her fellowship in the research lab. She is a Pediatric Neuro-oncologist. Which basically means she is a doctor that is specializing in children's brain tumors. She is heading up the latest round of research with stem cells (taken from tumors). I love Sarah, but I felt pretty self concious of myself. She is so down to earth and would never make me feel bad about myself, but I think I made myself feel that way.
Anyways....after that I went to get the kids who were out at the farm and ran into an old friend Ty. It was so nice to see him. He is working for my brother in law, which for those of you who know him you would never guess that he would be doing that. He was quite tattooed and covered in cattle delousing powder, but I hugged him anyways. I figured who can't use a good delousing once in awhile. And, I must say I have not been itchy since....not that I was itchy before.....
I know this has been such an exciting post and I am sure that none of you want it to end, but it is 10:30 and I still have to do laundry before I head to bed.

2 comments:

Lura said...

Wow, what a weekend of reunions! I hope they were mostly good. Sorry Jonathan is sick. Does that mean you have one home from school today?

Cheryl said...

Another sick baby! poor thing. I hope he feels better soon.

Your shower reunion sounds like fun! it is nice to see old friends and catch up.

I am trying for the 50 books this year too. I am on #20! I love to read and love for Ryan to see me read and enjoy it so much!!