Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Another Christmas Picture or 2....






It is after 4:00 in the morning and I can't sleep. I promised Sean I would call the dr. in the morning, yeah right....we'll see if that happens... My stomach has really been bothering me and it is preventing me from sleeping tonight. I even took one of the pain pills prescribed from my abdominal surgery last August and it couldn't even knock me out. So, since I couldn't sleep I thought I would try to post a few more pictures.


The first is of the Christmas tree after Santa came. The second is the kids seeing the tree. I love Gabe's expression. He was speechless! Thank you guys so much! My kids were spoiled to the point of me being embarassed, but I guarantee they will remember this Christmas for a long time! You all helped to give my family the world's best Christmas. My children were clothed for the winter and had super sparkly teeth, warm blankets, board games galore....the list is endless. And we had a super duper camera to record the pictures on! God truly blessed my family this past year. I am so lucky to have friends like you and so happy. I someday hope to repay the kindness.




To update you all on the bankrupcy stuff. We have finished all the legal work. The last of the papers have been filed, the tax returns turned over, the papers signed.... Now we just wait. The good news is that we probably still have several more months. As of last month the papers had not even been filed for foreclosure, so we don't need to be in any rush to pack or look for a new place to live. I am grateful for that, but I am not crazy about the waiting and the unknown. We also learned that they cannot take anything else from us, so we will get to keep our stimulus check. That will go into the bank for rent $. This is such a rough time, I still have tears, but thanks to God, family and friends we are pulling through.


Sean's mom has returned home after almost 5 months. She is doing amazing. She is moving around without the walker, doing some minor house work, getting dressed! I am proud of her for all of her accomplishments. She has been through a horrible time and is doing so well. It amazes me that only a few days after Christmas we were prepared for her death

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I just realized that for some reason it cut off the end of my post! I don't remember what else I said. It is 4:37 in the morning!!!!

Char said...

Oh wow!! How awesome is that pile of loot! I'm glad you all had a wonderful Christmas. Gabe's face shows it all!! :)
Oh I hate the waiting and unknown of things!! I hope things move at the speed you need them to in order to feel content. (did that make sense? haha)
Go to the doctor so you can get soem sleep!!!!

Cheryl said...

Oh Gabe's face is wonderful!! I am so glad your Christmas was so good. the pics are great!!!

I hope you get to spend summer in the house. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help! Still praying for you!

Crystal said...

Oh Gabe's face is priceless!!! I am sooo glad that you guys had a great Christmas!

Carrie said...

WOW! That's a lot of presents! I am glad you had a great Christmas! I love the pic of your kids on the stairs!

Carrie said...

WOW! That's a lot of presents! I am glad you had a great Christmas! I love the pic of your kids on the stairs!