Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Tuesday!!!!




I made a breakthrough in my computer illiteracy today. I found my Kodak Easyshare pictures!!! Here is Luke and I being goofy. The good news is that I can finally share the Christmas you guys gave us! I may wait until I can take my computer over to Lura's and see if she can help me figure out how to post more than one at a time. hint. hint.


Crystal wanted a big, juicy post so I am going to do my best.


Let's see.... I had therapy this morning and we talked for the first time about some touchy subjects. I am sure those of you who experienced them with me will know the time I am discussing. We could sum it up into this..."The period when Amanda lost weight, dyed her hair, and discovered alcohol." It was fun at the time, but now I look back at it with a lot of guilt and regrets. Dr. K. was amazed that I have never brought it up before. Pregnancy totally took away my taste for alcohol so that was a hidden blessing. Did anyone else experience that 'side effect'?

I am working on cleaning my room today. It has become a dumping ground for everyone's clothes. We don't have much for closet space in this house, so lots of stuff stays in baskets. I also have piles of outgrown clothes - 4 kids worth! I would love to make a huge dent to surprise Sean. I just can't keep motivated!!!

We had such a good time at Kellie and Brian's last night. The kids just love playing together and always have a ball. I have some really cute pictures that I will have to post now that I know how! Cailtin and Tanis sat in a wagon and shucked an ear of corn together. They are so adorable and still insist they are getting married. Tanis is the only boy that Caitlin doesn't think is gross (besides her dad and brothers!). Luke somehow managed to fall and get a huge goose egg on his forehead. I don't think it would be a complete day together if one of our kids didn't get hurt! We had a lot of fun making smores and the kids fed the 3 pugs lots of watermelon. I hope they didn't make them sick! Brian made excellent hamburgers too. (I hope you are reading this!!!!!!!)

Sunday we had our annual Memorial Day picnic at my parent's house. It is just my grandparents, my mom's sister and her family and Uncle Pat and his step son and family. In that group there were 10 kids 9 and under. It was nice to see everyone - I hadn't seen my cousin Mitch since Aunt Carol's funeral.
Gosh, I really feel like a boring person. I have NOTHING to say today! I will try to post again with something exciting to say.
Have a wonderful afternoon!

5 comments:

kellerie said...

don't feel too bad about that period of your life - i think we all have our "stupid" phases. i know i sure did, and have done things i still regret. (new year's eve ring a bell? although if you tell anyone about it, i'll have to kill you!)

we had a great time yesterday, too. tanis was so upset when you left. i had to promise him many, many playdates during the summer. and only izzy threw up, so they must not have fed the dogs too much.

Cheryl said...

you aren't boring, it was nice to have something to read. I'm glad you had good picnics. It is always fun to get together like that. I can't wait to see pictures now that you know how to do it!

Lura said...

I think Kellie just gave you an idea for your next post. hint hint. ha ha.
J/K Kellie.

Crystal said...

Thank you!!! You look so pretty in these pics.....your hair is soo flowy and eyes are soo bright......I love em!!!! Oh and girl, you are far from boring!

Char said...

Those are very cute pictures! I love those close up ones. haha
I'm glad you talked some things out in therapy. Ya, I agree, we all have those stupid phases that we go thru!
I'm glad you had a nice time at Kellie and Brian's.
I'm also glad the picnic was fun and that you got to visit with family.