Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Friday!

I am so glad it is the weekend again. This has been a long week, really for no particular reason.
Tomorrow I am taking the kids and my 2 nieces, Carmen and Scarlett, out my brother in laws farm. They have pigs, goats, chickens, cows and a baby calf born 3 days ago! It should be fun and I will hopefully get some good pictures.
Caitlin and I went garage saleing this morning. I found the boys a fireman's hat (free) and a spiderman mask (like your power ranger one, Vic - 10 cents!) The boys were thrilled. I think it was weirdo day out though. I had to rummage through a table of kids clothes to help some lady find her cigarettes while she talked about her incarcerated husband with the drug problems and her 3 back surgeries. The best deals of the day turned out to be what my mom got Cailtin at Kohl's. They are the cutest outfits. I just didn't have good luck garaging it.
I am hoping that it warms up so I can take the kids to the reservoir this afternoon. They are itching to go and play there. The last time we went we were writing our name in the wet sand by the lake and skipping stones when I looked up to see Johnny standing, shoes and all in 5 inches of water. I am not sure what part of "Don't you dare go in the water!" he didn't understand.
Two of my nephews, Zach and T.J. just signed on with the National Guard. I think it will be good for them. My nephew Mike will be going to Afganistan (sp?) sometime in the next year - he is in the Army.
I have a really cute picture of some of them from Christmas that I would post if I could figure out how to find the file!!!! I am not the most computer savy - that's for sure!
All of you dieters have really motivated me. I figured last night I think I have gained between 15 and 20 lbs. since last December. I am a stress eater, unfortunately not a stress exerciser! Sean and I are really going to start working at it. I have a wedding to go to on July 5th that is an evening affair (7:30 pm I have never been to one that late!) and I want to look nice. I'd settle for presentable!
Are any of you following American Idol this year? I am rooting for David Cook. I think he is almost as hot as Alan Alda.
I need to go switch laundry. I will post later tonight - maybe with pictures!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

You and your Allen Alda. I think David Cook has a very high opinion of himself! he can sing but I just don't like him. I won't buy his cd if he wins.

Hope you got out to play. Why on Earth would you add more kids to an outing, you are one crazy woman. I'd pull my hairout.

Good luck on the exercise! I find it kinda fun now. I didn't have a good day at it today, I may have to go tot eh gym tonight. I just don't feel it today.

Have a great day!

Crystal said...

I love David Cook!!! He's a hotty and the boy is sooo talented! I think he may be the most talented person that's ever been on AI! We all love him here. I like David Archuleta as well but I want Cook to win! He's got the whole package!

Shawn wants him to win too but he thinks more people will vote for Archuleta. I hope not!

Hope you had a nice day today......hopefully we can chat tonight!

Carrie said...

Who is Alan Alda? Is he the guy from MASH?

I am rooting for David Cook also. David Archuleta gets on my nerves! I don't think he can sing that well either!