Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What a horrible song!!!!

Thanks Crystal. I have never heard the song, don't know the tune - but that didn't stop me from making one up and getting that horrible kitty litter jingle stuck in my head all day!!! Sean just looked at me like I was nuts when I sang it to him in the car. Oh well, I guess it could be worse. At least it got me from thinking of the sassafrass tea song on Zoey 101.

I'm not really mad, Crys. :)

Today I decided to take Luke, Caitlin and Jonathan with me to Sandusky to buy the boys shoes and then stop at Pat Catan's. I made it clear in the car, or so I thought I had, that we were only buying the BOYS shoes. We went to Kohl's where when Luke got out of the car he said " Mom, why'd you make us wear jackets? It's warm. Why do they call it cold's?" He thought we were going someplace cold, not KOHL'S. Silly goose. Things went relatively well until Caitlin spied the princess shoes - then the screaming started. I found the boys shoes on the clearance rack and after using the remaining balance on my gift card I just had to pay $1.95 for two pairs of shoes originally $30.00 each! woo-hoo! I had to pretty much drag Cailtin up to the register who was sobbing at this point because she didn't get shoes. The clerk was very nice about it. Even when Caitlin informed her that "only the boys got shoes and she is a girl so she should get shoes everytime we go to a store!" I just apologized. On the way out Luke jumped into a wheelchair and Johnny raced to push him around. I explained that those are only for people who are hurt (easiest for them to understand) and Luke proceeded to bang his leg on the security thingy and then say to me "I need a wheelchair mom, did you see me get hurt?" He seemed really surprised when I didn't go for it. Because I didn't feel we had enough fun I went on to Pat Catan's. I needed to get a cross stitch kit to do for my friend Sara's wedding gift and I promised each of the kids a craft if they tried to be good. Caitlin found a foamies kit to make a cinderella crown and wand so she got that. I moved to take the boys to the boy themed ones and Jonathan immediately started SCREAMING "I want a GIRL craft!!!!!! I don't want to do a boy one, I want a girl craft!!!" I told him that he was a little boy and didn't need to make a princess craft. Boy oh Boy! He just continued to carry on. I found fire trucks and a pirate for the boys to make and got to the checkout where Luke had filled his arms with candy. I overheard a lady comment on not wanting his dental bill....I'm like, Lady - he just picked it up, I am not giving it to him! Geesh. I put it back, paid and got the heck out of there! Then I had to go back to town, take Caitlin and Johnny to my mom's, pick up Gabe and take him and Luke to the doctor's. They flushed poor Luke's ear to finally get the lodged tube out. He wasn't happy but I know has got to feel a lot better.
Well, speaking of Luke, he just wandered in crying. I need to go put him back to bed. Have a great night!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh that song.....thanks alot, it was finally out of my head and now it's back again!!! You did that on purpose, didn't you!!?? ha ha

Boy, going to stores is certainly and adventure for you, huh?! You are a brave woman! I hope Luke feels better now, give them all hugs for me!

Cheryl said...

You need your own reality show, that is one I would watch. You may not think so because you live it but just watching the trip to the stores would be very entertaining! I love just reading about it!

I hope things are going well. Have a magical day!!

kellerie said...

hmmm. . . wheelchairs. i seem to remember a perfectly healthy girl playing in a wheelchair, and then flying across the room and almost crashing into an airplane at the museum.

children really do introduce the concept of karma, don't they :)

(of course, i was completely innocent in the above scenario)