Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Better Day

Today was a better day. I took time for myself, which I needed to do. Sean took the triplets to preschool and I dropped Gabe off at his school, got a diet coke and went shopping in Sandusky. I went to Kohl's and found a summer sweater on clearance for $7.00 for myself and three things for Caitlin on clearance. Then I went to Old Navy and got Sean some t-shirts for work, a beautiful blouse for Caitlin, flip-flops for the kids and a neat shirt for me. I had to get back to get the kiddos so I didn't get to Target, but that was okay. When I got home I tried on the sweater which fit everywhere but the chest! I looked like I was trying to smuggle watermelons. What happened?????? Caitlin's Kohl's clothes didn't fit her either. The Old Navy top was a 4/5 and fit perfectly. The Kohl's stuff was a 6 and it didn't fit! Her pants she was wearing to school were 5's...I think it was the brand. Jumpin' Beans or something. So, after lunch the trio and I went to get gas at the full service station (where a toothless man who was apparantly eating something pink that got smeared all over his mouth and chin washed my windshield and pumped my gas),and went back to Sandusky and returned the Kohl's stuff and then to WalMart to get some groceries. I made chicken salad croissants and lots of fresh fruit and toasted coconut marshmallows with chocolate dip. It was yummy! The neighbor kids came over to play and Gabe just took off to go to Carmen and Scarlett's art show. I gave the trio their baths and dried their hair (they all insist on using the hair dryer now!) and we are getting ready for bed. I am going to relax and cross stitch and do laundry and dishes when they go to bed.

I hope that you all have a great night!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I am glad you had a better day. Things always look better in the morning. Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

Crystal said...

I'm happy you had a better day!!! I hope for an even better one tomorrow for you!!!! YOU ROCK!

Oh and I always look like I am smuggling watermelons!SM

Carrie said...

Glad you had a better day! I like that Jumpin' Beans brand from Kohl's. Its nice and cheap!