Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

I hope that you all had a very nice mothers day. We had a busy day, but enjoyed spending time with family. Sean's mom made it to church for the first time since last fall - she even stood up to sing! That was a huge accomplishment for her and we were so proud of her. His family goes to the Alliance Church and we are Methodist, so the services were really different. I just kind of felt out of place, but I do at our church too. We stayed for an hour before the triplets got too rowdy. After church we went to my sister's for lunch. My grandma decided Mother's Day dinner was the perfect time to share their funeral plans. NO - they are not sick, nor is there any reason besides age that should make her talk this way!!! Thankfully my grandpa stayed true to form and cracked some jokes. Our evening was spent at Rhonda and Jeff's to have dinner with Sean's family. Several people showed up, though not the famous feuding sister's. Thankfully there was surprisingly no drama and we had a nice time. At least until Jonathan ate the hors devour (????) I made for Sean. I stuck potato chip wings in the sides of a cheese cube and made a face on it with marsmallow cream. I didn't think it looked too bad, but I probably wouldn't have eaten it. Jonathan did, walked around the table to Sean, and then threw up all over! I caught a lot of it in Sean's sister's coffee cup still full of coffee. She opted not to finish it. We decided after that it was time for us to leave! When we got home we put the kids to bed and then Sean and I cuddled on the couch. I was a nice day with the exception of a little vomit!
Luke just walked in and sat on my lap. I think it is time to take him back to bed.
Have a good night!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh girl. You are so funny. Good thinking with the coffee cup. I am glad you had a good day and got some cuddle time. What is with the changing fonts? Has your computer gone nuts or did you just want to see if we'd notice?

Crystal said...

ha ha I was going to ask the same thing about the fonts changing! I'm glad you had a good Mother's day!!!

Amanda said...

I was seeing if you were paying attention!

Carrie said...

I was wondering the same thing about the fonts, but thought maybe it was MY computer!

I am glad you had a nice Mother's Day...besides the puke!