Thursday, May 15, 2008

A "Gash-tly" Evening...

So we were over at my mom's
The triplet's and me
Playin' with the dog
Just actin silly

We started to walk
back up to the drive
when all of a sudden
Caitlin took a dive

Into the post
that holds Grandma's flag
what I saw next
made me really gag

The blood was pouring
out of her head
her shoes, pants and hair
were all turning red

I ran to the kitchen
got a wet towel
put it on her head
my how she howled

called up the doc
he said "Go to the ER"
I picked Caitlin up
tossed her in the car

Got to the hospital
waited half an hour
Caitlin was real messy
she needed a shower

We saw several people
"What happened?" they said
Can't you all see
she's got a gash on her head!

Finally the dr.
came into the room
put some numbing cream on
said we'll be back soon

Almost two hours later
he reappeared
did they think I beat her?
was what I feared

Now she's glued up
and doing real fine
I'm very proud
of that girl of mine

She was a trooper
got a popsicle and teddy bear
We have to wait another day
to wash the blood from her hair

She's in bed sleeping
Out like a light
I must say that
she gave me quite a fright.

The end

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh man, not again. Oh I hope dear Caitlin is ok. Poor girl, that must've hurt so bad. Give her a big hug for us!!

Crystal said...

Wow, I would have freaked out!!! I am not good with stuff like that at all.......I fall apart. Good job staying calm and doing what needed to be done. That poor thing, tell her I hope her boo boo is all better soon! BIG HUGS!

Cheryl said...

Amanda only you could make an accident sound like a dr suess poem! I hope Caitlin feel better, poor thing. I thought you were going to have a safe spring...well there is always summer to shoot for!

Carrie said...

Oh wow! I hope she is feeling ok now. UGH! How horrible.

I like you made the whole accident into a poem. Very creative.

Lura said...

That was a beautiful poem. Does your resume sound the same way? Maybe you need to do that for your next job interview?!