Saturday, May 24, 2008

Something that makes me smile....

When I was in High School, we went through the McDonald's drive thru to grab some dinner. While we were waiting in line my dad asked us if anyone had some chapstick as he had really bad chapped lips. I happened to have some so I handed it up, he put it one and gave it back. When we got to the window he paid and got the food. Dad noticed the girl was having a really hard time keeping a straight face and wondered what her problem was. When he turned to hand us the food we all lost it! Apparantly the chapstick I had given him was a tinted cherry. He not only put it on his lips, but around his mouth. The end result was my father looking like a clown! When he looked in the mirror he was really upset, for a few minutes, and then saw the humor too. This was something that was remembered for years (and still is!) and laughed at every time. Usually the person laughing hardest was my dad!

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

OH that is too funny!!

Crystal said...

That's funny.......what a nice memory to have!

Debby said...

What are you doing up at 4:15 am??
It sounds like your dad had a great sense of humor. My dad did not but we have a million hillarious stories about him, and he wasn't trying to be fummy. He told Sonya one time, after grasping for dear life to the dash board of her car, that the speed limit was ONLY a suggestion.

Char said...

Haha!! That's really funny! I giggled out loud! What a sweet memory. :)

Debby said...

What were you doing up at 4:15????????

Amanda said...

I was up at that time, just not online. I can't figure out the time on my blog!!!!

Yay for you Debby for figuring out the comments! I knew you could do it! Can you teach me to set the time?

Carrie said...

That is really funny! I thought you were going to say you gave him lipstick!!