Friday, August 29, 2008

Down on the farm....

Gabe looking on as Matthew shows Scarlett the finer points in goat milking!
My bro-in-law Bryan nicely offering us a ride - in a wagon full of manure!
Gabe's first attempt at pig hearding.
F.P.F.A.??? Future pig farmer of america

Caitlin, Johnny, Carmen and Luke. The only proof the trio went! They were terrified of the animals.
Gabe, Carmen and Matt with the 4 day old calf.
I guess the calf mistook Scarlett's butt for an udder!
Carmen and Matt watching Scarlett unsuccessfully pick up a goat.
Carmen and the goat.
Me milking a goat! It was harder than I thought it would be.

We are going out to spend next Saturday on my Bro and Sis in laws farm, so I thought I would share the pics from our last trip before I get new ones. It will be interesting to see how the triplets react this time. They were not thrilled at all by the animals last time!! In another month it will be time for the annual bonfire/hayride night. It is always fun. My father in law hops onto the wagon with all the kids and rides through the cornfields shreiking along with them. The older kids(now in the military, so they won't be there... :( ) would hide and jump out and scare everyone. That is one thing I won't miss!


4 comments:

Cheryl said...

AWESOME, i want to go. ryan would love that. sorry the trio were frightened. the calf is soooo darn cute!!

Carrie said...

Those are so cute! Why didn't you ride in the horse manure??

Char said...

I LOVE these pictures! How cool! I want to go down to the farm with you guys some time!

Crystal said...

Those pigs are adorable!!! What a great place to go and spend the day! the annual bonfire and hay ride sounds awsome! I love the outdoors!