Monday, August 11, 2008

My Brilliant Child???

Apparantly Caitlin Grace speaks Spanish. I am not just talking about simple numbers or colors either. We were in the car this morning and I had just finished my daily lecture on NOT using potty talk outside of the bathroom. These would be the toilet, poop, tinkle and diarreha (sp) words. I was using a reward system for behavior today, effective for about 12 minutes, and the kids were going to lose money if they used potty talk. So they start chanting "Like Luke." I don't know why, it must be fun to say when you are 5 and 9. All of a sudden Caitlin switches to "Like Poop" and a chorus of "awwwww's" go up from the boys. I pointed out that her word cost her and she said "Mom, that wasn't a potty word. That was Spanish for Jumprope."
I did not know that.
We had family project day yesterday. Sean actually let me use power tools! This was a big deal. Do you all remember the drill in the foot last year?
I designed a shelf to hold all my school stuff, I got to use the circular saw to cut the wood and a drill! It turned out really cool. The kids helped with the electric sander and they each chose a shelf to paint and picked the color. I have mustard yellow, metallic green, red and metallic purple. It is prettier than it sounds! We all had fun working together.
Johnny fell down the stairs with some help yesterday. He rugburned his entire left side of his head under his hair. Ouch.
We found out that Gabe will be at Maplehurst but the trio is going to another school. The kindergartens are too crowded! Oh no.
I was vacuuming up broken glass today, Caitlin had an unfortunate occurance, and apparantly the phone rang and the boys answered it. Jonathan comes in talking about what I am doing and says, it's daddy. He had been calling the person on the phone Daddy the whole time and really thought it was Sean. No, it was the Asst. Superintendant for the Schools! Thankfully he was one of my dad's best friends so he just laughed about it.
School starts 2 weeks from today. We bought backpacks and lunchboxes at Toys R Us today. Cars, Batman, Star Wars and Ariel, Handy Mandy, Firetruck, Star Wars and Dora. Caitlin was devestated that they didn't have any princess lunchbags so we are shopping elsewhere. She got Dora because it was free and it will be a back up. Note to self....everytime I think it is a good idea to take my kids into a toystore, hit me.
Jonathan has finally stopped tinkling on the stairs...now I just have to figure out how to get rid of the smell. He went through a week where he would tinkle on the steps every day, sometimes twice a day. We have no clue why.
For those who didn't know, Andrew (Victoria's youngest) was in the hospital last week with pnemonia. He is home and doing better, thank God! He bounced back quick. Victoria and the baby are doing fine. Did anyone get the hidden news in that sentence???
Have a good night!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

That is so great Caitlin knows Spanish. Olivia is teaching me Chinese!

I'm sorry, but the tinkling on the steps is pretty funny. I'm glad he has stopped, because if it were my child doing that to my steps, I would be upset!

Is Victoria pregnant? Is that the hidden news?

Lura said...

I've always known that Caitlin takes after her Auntie Lura!

Crystal said...

ha your kids are a trip!!! Oh they make me laugh at the things they say! ha ha

I Victoria preggers??? AWESOME!!!!

Unknown said...

Try the carpet cleaner called kids and pets...I like the foam kind but it has a liquid too.

Yes, 10 weeks come Saturday...and this is the last one. But it is an amazing miracle (well all 3 of my boys already are...someday i will post about that)

Char said...

haha! ok then! :)

Congrats Victoria. I can't get into your blog to tell you that! :) Glad you son is ok now.

Getting lunch boxes and stuff for the kids must be so fun though! I would love to do that. I missed out on all of that stuff. :( Sorry they are at different schools. HOpefully that'll be ok though. Will the trio be in the same class?