Friday, August 22, 2008

My whole purpose in life....

I was just talking with Lura and came up with my purpose in life. It is to make others feel better about themselves! Look at my life and how can you not feel good about yours!
Okay, so maybe that's not it, but I have really had a rough 24 hours. I went to the dr's. this afternoon and she thinks I may have fractured my foot - where the big toe and the foot connect. So I had x-rays and I probably won't know anything until next week. When I was done at the hospital I got in my van, pulled out of the parking spot and pulled right into another to get out and see my completely flat tire! Sean didn't have his phone on him, I couldn't reach my mom or sis, so I was able to finally get a hold of someone where Sean is at and he came and changed the tire for me. I went to pick up my prescription and grab a baked potato from Wendy's and when I got home I found they gave me the wrong thing. I came home to a horrid smell in the kitchen as well. I have NO IDEA what it is...it wasn't there this morning. Maybe a raccoon crawled under my fridge and expired!
Oh well. It is bound to improve! God just wanted to show his sense of humor! At least school starts next week and I will have some down time!
Hope you all have a great day and weekend!

Edited to say:
okay, so I just thought I'd add that while using the shop vac. I accidentally sucked up a sock. It got lodged in the hose so I reversed it to blow it out. The hose popped off the vacuum and the dirt and little styrofoam balls and ants that I had just vacuumed up blew all over the kitchen. I reattached the hose to try again and the sock got lodged about 8 inches from the end. I figured a broom handle could get it out so I tried that. Somehow I managed to break off the plastic end of the broom handle so now that and the sock are lodged in the hose. Not only is my library card taken away AGAIN!!!! I think my vacuuming priveleges are going to be suspended. And I like vacuuming!

6 comments:

Debby said...

Whew, you ware me out just reading your post. I really don't know how you do it, it has to be GOD. I just got finished complaining about how busy we are at work and then read your post. I feel a whole lot better now but badly for you. You are a very strong woman, I want to grow up to be just like you. Some people just hope I grow up.

Have a better day for the rest of today and for the week end.
Thank you so much for all my cards, prayers, and all the encouraging words. I really appreciate them.

Amanda said...

Debby, hopefully you will grow up to be a bit more graceful than I am! I think I am the female Tim Taylor from home Improvement. We are both accident prone!

Cheryl said...

oh girl!! you do make me laugh! no one can have as bad of luck as you do!! i hope your day improved and you have the most wonderful weekend ever!!!

Crystal said...

OH Amanda, you are going to make me pee myself!!! I am laughing my butt off! Oh girl, you are some comic relief for me! ha ha CRUP.....CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!!! Oh that hose thing....ha ha ha ha ha

kellerie said...

oh - don't worry! i have a LOVELY vacation story that will make you feel much better about yourself!
call you tomorrow!

Lura said...

What did you find out about your toe?