Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Special Post #1 - Kellie and Brian's Renewal Ceremony


When I first met Kellie I thought she was a terrific person and I knew that our friendship was going to be one that lasted. When I first met Brian, I thought he was a bit mean and I didn't know why Kellie liked him. Apparantly Brian thought I was a bit strange (to put it nicely) and wondered why Kellie liked me. Over time I got to know him and my feelings toward Brian softened. After a few years I came to see Brian as a brotherly figure in my life (I think we bonded on our date to the Basket Festival and Red Lobster!) and someone who was worthy of marrying my best friend.
On Friday the 13th, 1997 Kellie and Brian were married in the most beautiful wedding I have ever been too. Kellie looked gorgeous in her gown with the long train and veil and Brian was so handsome in his tux with tails. Our dresses were hunter green, floor length and off the shoulder with a beautiful pearl tear drop pendant in the center. It was simply a beautiful ceremony. The reception was held at the conservation club and was decorated quite nicely. There was a lake out back that provided a pretty backdrop for pictures. I could look at their album over and over. You couldn't ask for a more perfect day for their wedding. Even a slight mishap with the ceiling leaking onto the dress the night before, I think Paula and I paniced more than Kellie! We all shed plenty of tears that day!

Fast forward 11 years to Friday the 13th, 2008. Kellie and Brian renewed their vows in front of a glowing audience of two. Me and Tanis! Although this ceremony was not large and lavish, it held special meaning for the two of them and I was honored to be there. They wrote their own vows which were sentimental and sincere, with a bit of humor. The love Kellie and Brian share for each other was so evident in the words they chose. It is also evident in the little things they do for each other every day. Kellie and Brian have such a special relationship and I am so blessed to have gotten to share in their special day, twice!
Happy Anniversary! I hope that the years ahead are full of the best life has to offer you!

9 comments:

kellerie said...

that's so sweet! we are both lucky to have a friend as good as you (and a good photographer, too!)

Cheryl said...

Oh how sweet!! Happy Anniversary and here is to many many more!!

Crystal said...

That was beautiful!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Lura said...

Happy Anniversary again. I love your dress!

kellerie said...

thanks! I'm just grateful Amanda didn't post the 8 month pregnant looking pics. i really need to diet!

SamandSawyersMom said...

how cool that they did it again

SamandSawyersMom said...

i woudl be afraid that if I wrote new vows that there woudl be words about underwear on the floor and overflowing trash cans.

Char said...

Happy Anniversary!! That is awesome that you did it again!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! My husband and I are renewing our vows in October.