Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday you can fall apart.....

Caitlin, Scarlett, Johnny, Carmen and Luke on the swing at the farm. a set of twins and triplets~

Anybody know the song the title lyrics are from?


I had a pretty good weekend. Friday Kellie and I drove to Coventry to eat at the Mongolian Barbeque, not the parking garage. Although it was perfect convertible weather, we drove with the top up. Kellie was afraid the wind would cause my upper arm fat to flap and smack her upside the head. I didn't blame her, so we enjoyed the air. We also visited many, many countries along the way. Who knew Italy and Mexico were neighbors? Plus we didn't need passports! I think Kellie was impressed with the way I accept and handle diversity. ha ha! We stopped at a really neat toy store and browsed all the fun stuff. I cannot imagine why the Vanilla Ice trading cards were going for 50 cents. Personally I think that is still too much!! This store was filled with a little of everything you could ever imagine, vintage and new. I could have stayed there for a lot longer, and if it were closer to Christmas or Sean's birthday I saw a lot of things that he would have enjoyed! We steered clear of the corner with the rainbow suckers shaped like male body parts, although I got enough of a glance to giggle uncomfortably. I don't do well with that stuff. I get embarrassed by it easily! Thankfully it was located in a back corner and not in full view of the store! The food at the restaraunt was amazing. I felt like such a healthy eater! You could fill a dish with any kind of meat, chicken or seafood and vegetables and pastas-get a cup of any kind of sauce they offered and spices and nuts, and then give it to the guys and watch as they cooked it on this huge grill that was shaped like a donut. When you got back to your table you could choose rice or tortillas to eat with it. Plus you got soup or salad. It was yumeroo.
I tried to take a picture, but apparantly the flash reflected off the metal sheeting around the grill and blinded all of the grill guys. Boy, was I embarrassed by that! We had a really fun time, despite the bit of a detour on the ride home. I did get to show Kellie an ex boyfriends probation officer's block and we saw a big crane.....things we would not have gotten to view had we taken the normal route home!
Saturday Caitlin and I went grocery shopping and spent some girl time together and then the boys got sick. Blech. We had a throwing up fest that night and the trio and I stayed home from church on Sunday while Sean and Gabe went.
This morning I took the kids to pick strawberries. We picked 4 quarts and they did wonderfully! Everyone listened and cooperated! I was estatic! Then we delivered some berries to Sean's parents and my mom. Ate lunch with my mom and are now getting ready for Gabe's dr.'s appt. Tonight Gabe has softball and we may go to Valley Beach.
Have a great day all of you!!!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

The song is "Friday, I'm In Love" by The Cure! I LOVE The Cure...we saw them in concert 3 years ago!!

Your day with Kellie sounds like it was a lot of fun! I can only imagine how hard I would laugh with you!

Debby said...

I bet Caitlin was happy, finally the girls out number the boys. Cute bunch of kids.

Amanda said...

You win Carrie! Unfortunately there were no prizes this round, but keep playing and better luck next time!

kellerie said...

i would like to point out the arm fat fear was yours, not mine.

i thoroughly enjoyed our tour of countries, and was very impressed by your ease with diversity. not once did you yell "hey let's go that way! there's chinese people down there!" :)