Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy 7th Birthday Carmen and Scarlett....


Carmen on the left, Scarlett on the right

Today my nieces turn the big 7! They are so excited about their birthday. These girls are truly a miracle. No, they were not conceived with fertility treatments, they are a miracle because Amy never wanted kids. When she called to tell everyone she was pregnant, no one believed her!!! Amy got so upset. Imagine what it was like when she tried to tell us she was having 2! Being the daughters of huge OSU fans is what gave them their names....Carmen after the OSU song Carmen Ohio and Scarlett after scarlett and gray! If they had been boys one was going to be Hayes - after Woody Hayes. We convinced them that Woody would not be the best choice!

I have to say that Amy turned out to be a great mother and these two little girls are such a joy and I love being their Aunt! We got to spend the day together yesterday and I took a gazillion pictures, I don't think Amy is that big on camera usage, so I always take tons! I plan on making special scrapbooks for each of them when they get older.

So, even though they don't read this - HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS! I LOVE YOU!

No comments: