Friday, June 13, 2008

Obla di Obla da Life goes on.....

Hi friends!

Today is a special day. 11 years ago I was priveledged to be maid of honor at Kellie and Brian's wedding and today I was priveledged to be present and official photographer at their renewal. I will post about that later, Happy Anniversary Guys! I love you 3!!!!!! Today is also special because it is Crystal's birthday. Happy Birthday Crystal!!!! Check back later on for a special surprise for you too! I hope that you have a wonderful birthday! Love you tons!

Things at the crazy house are going well. Yesterday I took Mr. Luke to the pediatrician's for a check up on his ears and to have his cough checked. He has another ear infection in the ear that the tube fell out and bronchitis. wonderful. We had a ball together though since it was just the two of us. I had taken them to the $ tree earlier that day and the trio got to get something for being good. Gabe was at Kung Fu Panda with Amy and the girls and loved it. Amy said it had a real good message. There, not as good a review as Char, but I didn't see it! Anyways, the boys each picked out FBI kits with handcuffs, walkie talkies, badges and suction cup guns and Caitlin got a Cinderella kaliedescope. So Luke took his goodies to the dr.s office and we were playing in the room while waiting for the dr. The clip fell off the badge so I stuck it over my eye and was Officer Pirate. "Arrrrrrr..." Lukey would just crack up everytime I did that. It takes so little to thrill him sometimes. Then I got a bit sweaty and found that I could stick the badge to my forehead and pretend it was a hat. So I am standing there with the badge stuck to my forehead with Luke in front of me with his hands behind his back reading him (to the best of my ability) his miranda rights and handcuffing him when the dr. walked in. Thankfully we were seeing Brigid who has a great sense of humor and she just laughed with us. Luke was in such a good mood for the appt. so it was worth it to make a fool of myself!
Yesterday was my dad's birthday. He would have been 67. Jonathan was upset that we couldn't call him to sing Happy Birthday, so we just sang and hoped it reached Heaven.
Gabe had a ball game last night and the coach wasn't there so our friend Joe was filling in and asked Sean to assist. He was tickled. Gabe loved having him out there, I think it made him feel extra special. He is really loving softball this year. I am so glad. Sean got him a regular softball so we can work on the catching. He is a strong batter, but a bit weak in the catching and throwing.
Sean and the kids are out at his parents so I can study so I guess I had better go and do that. Oh, did I ever tell you guys that I am taking a course in Medical billing and office procedures? I tried for several months to get a job after Christmas and no one wanted me. sniff. I think it was a blessing and God's plan because I love this course and am doing quite well. I was feeling down on myself because I tried everything from retail to dispatching and no one even called me for an interview. Before I got married I could apply for any job and get it with no problem. I did everything from Veterinary Assistant to Marketing Exec. for a radio station. Not even getting called for an interview was such a blow to my self esteem, but I think it is all part of God's plan for my life. I am excited about this and Sean is incredibly supportive.
I hope you have an awesome weekend and enjoy Father's Day. Look for my 2 special posts that are coming......

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm sure your Dad enjoyed his birthday song!! Good for you taking a course, I hope all goes well! We all do silly things to make our kids laugh, we just hope no one ever sees us!!

Lura said...

Can't wait to see pics from the renewal!

Maybe you should apply to be a nanny. Ha ha.

Lura said...

Are you mad at me?

Amanda said...

NO DORK!!! REREAD THE EMAIL!!!!

Carrie said...

I was laughing when I read about the dr's appointment. So nice of your to make a fool of yourself for your kids!!! I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Crystal said...

Oh girl, you crack me up! That dr's office story made me chuckle but I do stuff like that for my kids too.......dorkiness comes sooo naturally to me! ha ha

I think it's sooo beautiful that you all sang to your dad, what a nice way for your kids to still feel close to him! You should do it every year.

I may not see the special post until I am at the library again tomorrow. I come every morning. Love you to pieces and thank you sooo much for the birthday card and anniversary cards you sent to me!!! You are a sweetie!

Debby said...

That is great that you are taking classes! How wonderful. When do you take them, when you should be sleeping?????? Just kidding.

Char said...

Ok, where are those 2 special posts?? Come on now.. Where are they!!?? :)