Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pretty as a Princess


Caitlin wanted a makeover so I let her put on her own blush and powder and I did eyes and lips. She was so excited! It sometimes takes so little to make her happy.

Tomorrow is the last day of school for the kids. Gabe is excited about it. He is ready to be a 4th grader in the fall. Hard to believe!!! We sign up for the summer reading program on June 9th and all 4 kids will get to participate. I guess this means I have to return my month overdue library books. And I have about a dozen of them out too. I feel bad about it, but it completely slips my mind each day. The pathetic thing is that Sean took away my library card. He said I can have it back when I learn some responsibility. Did I marry my dad??!!! I am not going to hear the end of this for awhile from him. I just hope that there is no one else waiting for the books.

This is the month the I dread the most - Father's day, dad's b-day, parent's anniv., day my dad died...so many painful days. I may share more dad stories with you all as it does help to talk about him and remember fun things about him. I am trying to think of something to do for my mom. His b-day, their anniver., and the day he died all fall in the same week. Usually Father's Day does too. I want to do or give her something special. I have already done a scrapbook with memories and pictures contributed by all sorts of friends and relatives of theirs. Any ideas?
Sean goes to days on Fridays. That means he will be home at 3:00 all summer long. I am so happy about that. The trio starts safety town in 1 1/2 weeks and Gabe's first softball game is tomorrow night, unless it rains out.
I found out yesterday that my sister is moving her girl's to Maplehurst where she will be teaching 4th grade, so the triplets will be in Kindergarten, Carmen and Scarlett in 2nd grade and Gabe in 4th all at the same school. Nice for open house nights! I am going to be stretched thin being a parent helper and party supplier to 4 different classrooms! I really need to get organized before the fall. I am putting an extra-large calendar on the wall and color coding each child. Hopefully that will help. It will definately be challenging.
Sean and I are planning on taking the kids camping this summer. We really want to give them and ourselves some sort of vacation and figure that will be the cheapest route - plus it will be fun for all of us. There are several state parks and campgrounds in the area so I think that we will find a fun spot. We just won't go to Freedom Valley! That is the new "gay men" campground. Seriously, you have to be a gay male to camp there. I think that could be an opinion poll - Do you like the idea of a campground for strictly gay men? Whoo-hoo, I think that might be considered controversial. I go girl! It is about 16 miles south of us, not in an area where we drive through or near.
I have to confess another flaw I have found in myself. Maybe not so much a flaw as an undesirable habit. I guess that is pretty much a flaw, but I digress.... (*digress is the word of the week. I challenge you all to use it at least once before Friday!*) I am becoming a reality show junkie. This is what happens when you can't sleep. There is a lot of junk on! I cross stitch while I watch so at least I am being productive. In the past few days I have watched Living Lohan, The Girls Next Door (although I watched that to make myself feel brilliant, try it, it really works!), Rob and Big, The Real World, True Love with Tila Tequila(disturbing beyond words), Man vs. Wild, and Hell's Kitchen. I do balance these with Bill O'reilly, Nancy Grace and Greta. I really need to get back to the point where I can sleep, last night I was up until 3:30 a.m. and then could only sleep for 20 minute stretches while being up in between for a time. None of these are shows which I would ever watch around my kids, with the exception of Man vs. Wild. I guess that the fact that I am embarassed to admit watching the majority of these should tell me something.
I think I just had another breakthrough! I admitted to watching those and even though I wondered if you guys would think I was a horrible person for watching them, I still left them there. I am on a roll tonight!
Well I have rambled long enough. I want to go work on my poem for Sean. I like to write him goofy little love poems to brighten his day. That and I leave him notes with Fun Facts you might not know about Amanda. An example is "I do not speak fluent German." He sometimes justs looks at me like I am a nutball, but we have lasted 10 years so I must be doing something right!

7 comments:

kellerie said...

what summer reading session did you sign up for? do you know if there's still room?

Lura said...

Caitlin looks very cute. Even if she is the child of someone who puts their kids in drop in t-ball.

Cheryl said...

I have never seen any of the shows you mentioned.so I have no opinion on that. I find the gay camping disgusting and just wrong on every level! The trio are all in different classes? WOW! You will be busy.

I will think about an idea for your mom! It is really nice of you to try and make her month better, it must really suck and I am so very sorry.

Caitlin looks gorgeous!! She really is a cutie!!

Crystal said...

Caitlin is too cute! ha I love when you share memories of your dad, it seems that he was a very funny guy! Wow, you are going to be so busy this summer but it will be fun. I used to be addicted to Real World but I don't watch it anymore......I don't think you are horrible, I'm sure we all watch or do something that we shouldn't! ha Good for you for putting yourself out there and admitting it, now you will see the world doesn't come to an end! K, gotta go! love ya!

Unknown said...

Reality tv junkie here too...though mine are Survivor, Big brother, Extreme home Makeovers and I used to LOVE the Osbournes!

The gay campground...why oh why would you choose to have it just a few miles from the strip club in a pole barn...are you screaming for drunk men of the hillbilly (not to offend but really!) type ending up there in the dark of the night!! HMMM there should be some interesting things in the sherrif's log this summer!

I really hope that they don't show that scary movie about strangers at Safety town anymore!

Carrie said...

Ha! that's funny Sean took your library card away. that sounds like something Matt would do too! Only he's the one that always has to pay $20 in late charges!

I love the picture of Caitlin too! Very pretty.

That's awesome your sister's kids will be all in the same school as your's!

Debby said...

Caitlin is a beautiful little girl. That is hilarious that Sean took your library card away.

God defines marraige as a union between a MAN and a WOMAN. It makes me sick that our society is not only condoning this behavior but providing a place just for them. I'm with Cheryl, that is DISCUSTING!!!

I like Extreme Makeover Home Addition.