Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Just Stuff....

Caitlin is home from school today and does not want to be! Can you imagine a kid that would rather be in school than at home? She has had 102 degree temp since last night and a horrendous cough. This morning when I told her she was going to stay home she said "Wait, I have an idea!" then ran to the bathroom. She walked back in with her hair plastered to her forehead and said "Feel me, I don't feel warm anymore." The little angel had taken cold water and put it all over her head to cool it down. She was desperate! So needless to say, she is not enjoying her day off. I hope that maybe she will nap and wake up in a better mood. I didn't realize until I was chatting with Crys last night that Cinci was having a huge storm. I hope that you are all okay and enjoying the white stuff! We ended up getting about an inch overnight. Sean and I went grocery shopping together on Monday. It is always an experience. It is a bit embarrassing to walk through Wal Mart with a husband who is singing Sunrise, Sunset from Fiddler on the Roof? And no, he doesn't know more than 12 of the words! We ran into Victoria and Andrew and she said she never heard him. I trust her to tell the truth!!! I guess Sean felt I deserved it after I pushed the cart showing him how I would walk if my thighs were glued together or if one leg was shorter than the other. Don't worry, I made sure there were no other shoppers around. For a Monday it wasn't very busy. I don't think we will ever grow up! I have heard many people say they hate shopping with their husbands, personally I love it! We always have a good time. Sean is not afraid to hold my purse or push a cart full of tampons and queen sized pantyhose. I am a lucky woman. He is pretty neat-o. My sister in law made me fat free lemon bars that were amazing. And they are 2 ingredients! A box of angel food cake and a can of lemon pie filling. You mix it until well combined with an electric mixer and bake in a 9 x 13 pan until brown at 350 degrees. Make sure they are completely cooled before you eat them. We tried it last night with Angel food cake mix and cherry pie filling. They are to die for! and FAT FREE! Just make sure they are completely cooled or they don't taste as good. Sean's dad has agreed to cosign for a loan so we can get a new to us vehicle. The van is a goner - it would cost more for us to fix it than the van is worth. I am scared to death about how we will pay for it, but God will provide as He always does. I just need to remember that. Due to the bankruptcy we cannot get a decent loan without a cosigner, so we are thankful that his dad will help us. Is anyone else watching The Biggest Loser? I wanted to reach through the television and smack Joelle last night. I swear she was off in her own little world the whole time. Last week I felt sorry for her, this week not so much. I find that show to be motivating. I also loved Diet Tribe. Did anyone else watch that one? This Saturday is Vic's baby shower and it should be a fun time with grown ups. I am looking forward to it, especially knowing that we won't have to guess the candy bar in the diaper. (we won't, right?) Hopefully we will get there as it is in the next town over and Kellie, Lura and I are carpooling. We are so enviornmentally aware. I am the navigator and Kellie is the driver so we may blindfold Lura with a scarf and play the scarf game. It has been years. I know Kellie would be all for it, how about you, Lura?! Well, I need to go and spend some time with the sickie and get Sean up. He fell asleep after the kids went to school and I figured he needed the extra bit. Have a glorious day~

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Well, the snow storm was crazy since it started late afternoon and made it a bugger for people to get home from work. I had to leave work and get Daws since Shawn was going to be sooo late getting home. It took him 3 hours! ugh

I sure hope Cailyn feels better soon, cutie girl! haha that's too funny she wet her forehead, smart girl! gosh, when I was a kid, I did the opposite, I would put the thermometer on a hot lamp so it would say I had a fever!! I learned it from watching ET haha

You and Sean are soo cute! I would love to shop with the two of you! ha I think the whole store would call the looney ben tho! ha

Have fun at the baby shower, grown up time is always fun and you girls are sooo silly, can't wait to hear about it.

I am happy you are able to get help getting a new vehicle.....isn't it amazing how we find out how much people love us in our times of need, its truly amazing!!! Love you girl!

Cheryl said...

we got crazy snow and yet another snow day.

i like shopping with my husband too.

i hope caitlin feels better soon, poor baby!


have fun at the baby shower. what is the scarf game?

Unknown said...

Let's see...wanted to punch Joelle, new car stinnks...or is that the old one. I did not hear Sean & come on I would so tell you! Shower should be fun, recipes have been found for "diabetes" cupcakes and punch...sorry, I have tried to discourage this behavior as to not punish everyone, only 1 game though I can not get it out of them what it is. I said fine as long as no diapers are harmed and there is no eating/drinking (guess the babyfood/juice or whatever) I am counting on you to be the noncrazies (in the best way that I love your personal craziness) but don't need the stress of too many crazies. Anyone want to talk about how annoyed everyone will be if I continue to call my daughter Yoda, b/c we really can't agree on a name and would not share if we did. I know most of you all have boys...but girl handmedowns would be greatly appreciated, Aunts (SILs) seem flabergasted that I would let her wear some of her brothers stuff. Hope all in Cinci can get shoveled out, I heard close to 10 inches...I can't even offer to help clear snow. Have great days!

Amanda said...

The scarf game was created by us in high school. It shows what big dorks we truly were. We would blindfold someone with tacky scarf and drive them all over town and eventually end up at someone's house and they had to guess. The best was taking Lura to her crush's house and walking her up to the door blindfolded and the guy coming out to see her standing there blindfolded. No one ever seemed really surprised to see a blindfolded dork standing there! We did this numerous times. Oh my, we were dorks!!
I think we could do several posts on what weirdos we were.

kellerie said...

Scarf Game???? Whoo hoooo! Okay - so where is Jeff Philip's house again??

hope Caitlyn is feeling better.

Vic - I think Yoda is a fantastic name for a baby girl. Tanis agrees. Although he still says Dog would be a better one