Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you all had a good Valentine's Day. We awoke to snow flurries today. Brrrr... At least it wasn't awakening to snow being dumped on us.

I had an eventful night last night. I ended up calling the pediatrician because Luke just couldn't keep any fluids down. He had only managed about a 1/4 cup of liquids all day and nothing would keep. So I ended up taking him to the ER. Sean was working so I had no car, so thankfully my mom came to stay with the other 3 while we went and I drove her van. We got right in to see someone. They did a few tests and xrays. Luke is still struggling with the nasty virus going around and has now developed pnemonia. They started him right away on medicine to settle his stomach and antibiotics and got him to drink and keep down 4 ounces of Gatorade. He has lost 5 pounds since Wednesday.

It is now Sunday and while Luke sounds horrible, he is eating and drinking and it is staying down. It's not a lot, but enough to keep him hydrated. Jonathan has the hacking cough and threw up several times again last night, but is hyper today. I am glad tomorrow is a no school day.

Oh, when we were in the ER, we were recognized as the snake people. I had several ask me about the incident. I thought that would have been forgotten news. Mr. G's prank phone calls have cut down as well. I had a call Friday checking our wild animal inventory from him! He is a card.

I am determined to get all my laundry done and our bedroom cleaned today. I have bought Lysol wipes to go over all surfaces that are commonly touched so I can get germs out of here. I hope to have a spotless house by the end of the day!

If the kids are all healthy this week I plan on spending time with Victoria, helping get things ready for the baby and doing whatever she needs me too! It won't be long before her little girl will be joining us, it will be exciting to meet the new baby.

Gabe had his last Basketball game yesterday. He came home with an engraved trophy, medal, certificate and a basketball. He was really excited. They also had a pizza party to celebrate the season. I think we are done until baseball starts, but I can't remember. Since we finally have a rec membership we are going to take the kids swimming and to open gym. They are looking forward to it.

Sean is at the white house (not Obama's) and ripping up the rest of the flooring and taking down the ceiling fans. We are done with the house then. I am relieved!

I am off to my cleaning! Have a good Sunday.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I hope you get rid of all your germs today!! Have a wonderful SUNDAY! hope all the kiddos feel better soon. Ryan has a cold now too.