Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dentalists....

Today two of the four saw the dentist - or dentalist as Jonathan calls him. Caitlin did super and got to choose several toys. Luke showed up for his appointment so he chose a toy. In the time it took for Caitlin to get xrays, flouride, her teeth counted and cleaned and checked by the dentst, Luke had his teeth counted. He refused to let them do anything else. They didn't force it because they don't want him to be afraid of them. Last time he cooperated and enjoyed himself. I hope that next time he will behave. The next 2 go in April.
I am borrowing my mom's jeep for the next couple of days. I don't know why she broke down and offered it to me, but I am thankful. I have been trying to manage with an extended cab truck with an eight foot bed. I am not that great at manuverability, but the exercise I get from having to park at the end of the parking lots has been good.
I am suffering from a bout of emotional eating and feel as if my weight is getting out of hand again. I think winter blahs has a lot to do with it. It is not helping my self esteem when my pants are snug. I am working hard to get the motivation back to eating well and daily exercising. I did really well for awhile, but seem to have fallen off the wagon. Stress is no fun.
Sean has to work at least 10 hours this Sunday. The overtime will be wonderful, but I will miss him! I have to go to a baby shower for my niece. I dread going. This will be her second child by a different guy. She might be 21 now, but I am not sure. This will be my 6th great niece/nephew. None of them are married and it is just sad. I feel bad for the babies - and for them.
I found out that 2 of my nephews are getting married next year. They are the 2 in the military. My nephew Cory was on duty at the inauguration of Obama and Mike is in Afghanistan.
Well I need to get cleaning done and some laundry. I hope that you all have a good night!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

i hope the next 2 do well at the dentalists. Ryan has never been able to get xrays, the little things gag him, the dentist doesn't push it, but sooner or later they will have to be done. The winter blahs and eating are getting us all. I can't wait for warm sunny weather. Hope you feel better soon!

Char said...

That is good the dentist doesn't push Luke! I hate when they do that. Travis has never had x-ray done either because he gags on them. They have pushed a few times and I kept warning them that he will puke if they keep trying. So they finally stopped and they don't even try anymore. haha. On the first visit to the new dentist with Travis the dental hygienist put on his chart "mother is over protective". I saw it on his chart and wanted to smack the lady silly. Oh well. Anyway, glad Caitlin's appointment went well.
Ya, we all must be going thru the winter blahs. I'm ready for warm spring weather - sunshine, riding bikes, walking outside, anything but inside.
Sorry Sean has to work, but yeah for overtime!! :)

Carrie said...

My dad had an extended cab truck that I drove one time. It's not fun! I guess you get used to driving them after awhile, but I didn't like it!

Crystal said...

oh girl, I am with ya on the eating and winter blahs, I do think it is getting to most people, happens every year at this time! Lets go hunt down that ground hog and have a chat! ha

Daws has never had a problem with the xrays at the dentist, must be is extremely large mouth that I have no idea where he gets.....SM it's good they didn't force him, next time should be better!