Tuesday, January 23, 2007

When it rains it pours...

Hi friends. It has been ages since I have posted anything and I missed it!
Things have been real hectic around here and our faith is really being tested. I thank God for my sense of humor and I praise Him daily.
Tonight I was making dinner. I had just put noodles into boiling water and reheated the beef in the crock pot when the lights went out. I thought that a circuit thing had tripped, but found that there was No power at all in the house. We have only a cordless phone and I was talking to Sean at the time this happened - boy was he worried when he couldn't get a hold of me! I didn't know hat to do, but remembered that we had just charged the laptop, so I got online to the Ohio Edison site. There were no outages reported, so I turned it off and got dinner ready (in the dark for the kids). I found 17 tea lights and we sat down to a candlelight dinner in the living room. Within minutes the food began flying. I called Ohio Ed. on Sean's cell phone (he came home right before dinner to check on us and left his phone) to see if we had been disconnected or something. While on the phone Jonathan decided to grab my bowl and smash it to pieces. Then he picked up his bowl and dumped dinner over his head. Ohio Ed. didn't know what was wrong so they had someone come over. To make a long story longer, it turns out the main switch to out fuse box is shot. We have to have it replaced which is going to be very expensive. So the kids are at my mom's and Sean and I are braving the elements. We have no electricity, no heat and no hot water. I'll let you all know if we survive!!
Oh - the best part was that a friend of the family offered a generator for us to borrow. It ran for two minutes before it blew up!!! Thankfully no one was hurt, the kids are warm, and Sean and I get some time alone that we have been whining about.

I will post more tomorrow and fill you all in on the past 2 weeks...

Have a good and warm night!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Amanda, we have been so worried about you!! Is there anything we can do to help??? I am so sorry you guys are going thru this tough time.

Amanda said...

Thank you so much. Prayers would be greatly appreciated. I know that God is in control and we will be okay!!!!!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh Amanda, I feel terrible about this. How can you be so upbeat? Are you feeling okay??? I want to help too