Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Some Great News...

Well, Sean and I wimped out at one a.m. and called my sister to sleep at her house. It is a balmy 45 degrees and dropping! Brrr! His Uncle Ken is here and together they are replacing the entire fuse box and circuit stuff (I have no clue about any of that?!) We should have power by late afternoon early evening. Sean and I went to Lowe;s to purchase the items and spent time focusing on God's Blessings. His uncle is a former contractor and neat-o guy who was able to get Ohio Edison to drop the $200.00 fee they were charging us to disconnect to do repairs. We will only have to pay them $15!!!! The electrician who was going to come this morning would have cost us almost $1000.00, Ken and Sean are doing it for about $200. We are 2 months behind on mortgage (ugh) so we don't know if our insurance is effective right now or not. We are thinking that maybe God allowed the power outage because something far worse might have happened and we might not of had insurance. Although a fire would of been a lot warmer! ha ha.
Sean and I got to spend some time together last night and were able to laugh. I got to talk to my sister Amy about a lot of things and it drew us closer. My kids are okay, warm, and fed...I could go on and on. God does work in mysterious ways and we are so thankful. All of the food in our fridge and freezer is gone, but a lot were close to expiring anyways. Ask Lura, I have problems using expired food. I convince myself it tastes terrible and then drive everyone nuts with food poisoning questions!

I also want all of you to know how much I appreciate each one of you. I am so blessed to have found this blog and all of you guys! You mean so much and the love and support you give is awesome. To quote the Wise Miss Sonya : "I'm stoked" about it all!!!

My battery is about gone so I will update tonight if Harris Powerfest 2007 session 1 goes as planned!!

Oh, remember to feed a horse if you see one,

Love, Amanda

2 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh you poor girl! You are such a blessing to those around you. Boy, if you lived closer, Jamie and I would be over there so quick seeing what we could do (she is as obessed with helping others as me). Please let me know how I can help...anything...besides prayer. I will crank out the prayers too but I want to do more. YOU ARE IN GOD'S HANDS!!!

Amanda said...

Love you Sonya!!!