Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Saturday, date night.

So, Sean and I were really looking forward to going out and having together time on Saturday. We dropped the muddy, fighting kids off at my mom's and headed for dinner and a little shopping. Since we highly value Kellie's opinion, we went to Danny Boy's. We were seated in the Bing room and were the only ones in there, which was nice. We were eating our salads when a couple and their kid walked in and were seated right behind Sean. The whole room is empty and they were seated right there. The woman was wearing so much of the grossest smelling perfume that you could taste it. Well, my allergy sensitive husband almost immediately started sneezing. Then his eyes started running and his nose turned red. I could tell he was miserable - and to be honest, I was bothered immensely by it too. So we flagged down the waitress and got our food to go, figuring we would just park somewhere and eat. Well, they neglected to put napkins or silverware in the bag, so we decided to run to Target and buy some. On our way we stopped at Crackerbarrel (to look in their gift shop for Easter items) and Borders. We were unsuccessful at both places. We went to Target and got a box of plastic forks and found a romantic spot to park, overlooking JCPenny's and the seagulls in the parking lot. I had taken maybe 2 bites of my chicken parmesean and spaghetti when the tin plate slid off my lap and landed upside down on the floor of the NEW VAN!!!! So I scooped it up, completely lost my appetite because of the mess, and teared up a little. Sean, my wonderful husband, assured me that it was ok and would come out. I had also just put the new floor mats Sean bought in on Friday, so the one on my side got covered. He offered me his, which I refused, only partly because it was not cutable with a plastic fork. So we decided at this point to go home. After we picked up the kids, I scrubbed the floor mat while Sean scrubbed the van. He was right, it came out, not even an odor left. Later that night Luke walked in a threw up in our trashcan. At least he got it in the can. That started the next adventure, maybe I will blog later about it. I am still trying to find the humor in the past 3 days!

5 comments:

kellerie said...

oh, i'm so sorry your night didn't turn out!

Char said...

That stinks your night didn't turn out the way you'd planned or wanted.
I'm really glad the stains came out of the van.
Sorry you have a sick kid - or sick kids! :-(

Cheryl said...

Oh I'm so sorry your date night was ruined. Maybe you can try again soon! AT least you do have a wonderful and understanding hubby. I'm glad you got the stains out!

Crystal said...

oh you poor thing! Well, at least the two of you were together but I sure wish it would have been more enjoyable. I'm glad the stain came out! Love you girlie!!!!

Unknown said...

Was worried another snake had taken up residence and was keeping you as a pet in the basement.