Monday, March 9, 2009

Stuff

Happy Monday.
Woo-hoo!

I hope you all read that with more enthusiasm than I typed it!
We had a busy weekend. Saturday night my nieces Carmen and Scarlett (7 1/2) stayed the night. Six kids racing around playing Commander Boobie. That's the game they made up. I chose not to question the title. It was a mad house, but the kids had fun.
Saturday afternoon Carmen, Scarlett, Caitlin, my mom and sister went to a tea party fund raiser for the High School Drama Club. They wore dresses, took dolls and did different crafts and had tea. It was fun for them, but since I am the only one in my family that takes pictures, there are none of it. :(
Saturday Sean's mom was also taken by ambulance to the hospital and is admitted. She has another infection in her leg - not MRSA- (thanks Lura!) this time, among other things. She has not been taking care of herself so we are not surprised I guess. It is frustrating. So we are waiting test results to know what is going on.
Yesterday I took 3 of the kids in the pouring rain to Sandusky to go grocery shopping. They behaved quite well and were very helpful. Gabe got a little too excited about the sample ladies and I had to forbid him from taking anymore when he brought back the cup of salmon that reeked! He said he thought Caitlin or Johnny might like it. It smelled sooooo bad!
I am catching up on Laundry and doing some baking and cooking today. What fun!

3 comments:

Char said...

Your Monday sounds nice! Laundry, baking, cooking - very domestic! :)
Why didn't you get to go to the tea party?
Hope Sean's Mom gets better soon.

SamandSawyersMom said...

oh i hope sean's mom is okay. i have been meaning to ask you how that went since we were iming when they called to tell you.

glad you had a good weekend.

tea parties are just one more thing that will be replaced with burps and pooters for me..thanks for reminding me..SM

Well, i better go so i can hear the word hell 15 more times on your blog music...SM.

LOVE YA!

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you are having a nice Monday! Oh the tea party sounds wonderful, how cute!! I'm glad you had a good weekend.