Thursday, April 2, 2009

Great Aunt Amanda x 6

Today I became a great aunt for the 6th time. My niece, Bethanie, had a baby boy this morning. They are both healthy and doing well.
My mother in law is in a nursing home, temporarily while they do physical therapy to get her leg usable again and her strength back. She has been there for two weeks and I forsee several more.
The kids are making me insane!!!!! They are having their typical listening problems.
I got a job! As soon as the drug test is back they will call me. I will be working at home depot mornings and weekends part time. We figure that I will be able to pay the car payment and put the rest into savings. I am nervous, but anxious to get back to work and make money.
The kids all had really good report cards, but Jonathan had not so good comments on his. He just doesn't want to listen or follow directions all that well.
They were playing outside this afternoon and were playing school. Most kids would play doing lessons, or games or something - mine took turns putting each other on the wall (the time out at recess). How much time must they spend there if that is how they play school!!??
Luke is picking up spelling so fast. I am so proud of him! He amazes me with the words he knows now.
I am waiting for them to go to bed so I can go in and relax. I hope that you all have a good night!

4 comments:

Lura said...

Congratulations on #6!

Cheryl said...

congrats on the new niece. hope the mother in law heals quickly. that funny that they play at putting each other in time out!! YAY a job, Home Depot, do they know you should be no where near tools? Be safe and have fun!!

Char said...

Congrats to your niece and to you!

Sorry about your mom in law.
That's great you got a job! Another friend of mine got offered a job there too. She said that the manager at Home Depot said they aren't hurt by the economy, so that's good.
I hope you had a nice evening after the kids went to bed.

kellerie said...

yay on the job! does this mean you get to play with the forklift? can i come take pictures?