Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

I am thankful for so much. It is impossible to write it all down. A lot is private, a lot may seem silly - I truly feel so blessed. I know so many look at my life and wonder how I could call our situation, pretty much my life a blessing. I look at my life and wonder how anyone couldn't call it one! Sure there is a lot I wish would never have happened, things I wish I could change. I often wonder what it would be like if I wasn't so clumsy or scatterbrained, but that makes me me and that makes me wonderful! I sounded full of myself, didn't I? I don't mean to, I am just thrilled to be me. All my flaws - and I have many!!!- all my unique habits, my good qualities it makes me who I am. Sure, I would love to have a supermodel's figure. I would love to have perfect health, well behaved children and great grace and luck. But what fun would that be? I mean really. Life would get predictable and boring. I love that everyday is a mystery to be solved. You never know what is going to happen when you get up in the morning. You could have your day scheduled from morning til night and I guarantee it won't happen that way. What a gift that is! Some of my favorite moments have happened during the spontaneous surprise moments my days throw at me. God has blessed me with so much. He has given me fantastic opportunities, experiences, adventures... He has given me the greatest husband and children and wonderful friends and family. I had every intention of making a list of what I am thankful for, but decided to ramble instead. I guess that was a spontaneous decision too! I am thankful for that!

I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and look at whatever the day may bring you as a chance for a new experience. Each day is an adventure. Sometimes the road may be full of speed bumps, pot holes and road kill, but there are also the unexpected pleasant surprises that await you around the bend.

Happy Thanksgiving! I love you all!! Thank you all for being unexpected surprises.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW!!! What a nice refreshing post!!! I feel the same way about my life, it hasn't always been the best and I have made many mistakes but all of it makes me who I am today and I finally like me! What a Blessing! I am sooo glad you feel that way about yourself because you are a true gift to so many people......I wanted you to see that too! I love you, you are truly Blessed and I am Blessed to know you! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Cheryl said...

That was wonderful! I am glad you feel so blessed!! I do too!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am thankful for your friendship! I love you!!

Lura said...

Beautiful. No mention of BK in the things you are thankful for? Ha ha.

Lura said...

And no, I didn't mean Brad or Brian Krieg.

kellerie said...

What a great post! One of the many things i've always loved about you is your great outlook on life. Hope you have a great, accident free, stress free, nothing gets broken, no one cries, or screams, or disobeys, or talks back, Thanksgiving!